EA has announced that Ewok Hunt is returning to Star Wars Battlefront 2 tomorrow, August 7, through the August patch. There's also the return of Emperor Palpatine, after the character mysteriously went missing last month.
According to a blog post today by EA, both Ewok Hunt and Emperor Palpatine had to be removed from Star Wars Battlefront 2, due to unspecified bugs. Both the mode and the villain will be back in the game tomorrow, once you've downloaded the August patch for Star Wars Battlefront 2.
In the words of EA themselves, these are the complete changes that have been made to Battlefront 2 through the August patch:
- Palpatine has been added back to the game.
- Fixed an issue with Palpatine being very overpowered by restricting the angle from which the player could lock on with his lighting ability.
- Fixed an issue with Palpatine being able to lock onto targets through walls.
- Ewok Hunt has been added back to the game.
- Fixed an issue in Ewok Hunt where Stormtroopers were unable to board the shuttle.
- Rebalanced stamina for lightsaber heroes.
- Fixed an issue in Hero Starfighters on PC where players experienced a short stuttering before being locked on.
- Fixed an issue with Extraction where objective markers were misplaced on Kessel and Jabba’s Palace.
What else lies ahead for Star Wars Battlefront 2? You might recall that back in May, the Han Solo seasonal event was released to mark the premiere of Solo worldwide, but there haven't been any major events for the FPS since. We'll have to keep an ear out for future content plans from EA.
If you're still playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 (like I am), then you might want to check out some of our guides on the shooter. You can check out our Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault guide for details on the chaotic mode, or our Battlefront 2 Heroes vs. Villains guide for more.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.