Fallout 76 hit its 100-day anniversary yesterday, and it's been a bumpy ride to say the least. Bethesda at least seems aware of this and is promising more updates and fix. Bethesda also released a new roadmap detailing the new content coming to Fallout 76 in the year ahead. It’s our best look at what to expect in Appalachia in short and long term.
In a new blog post published yesterday, Bethesda outlined three major content seasons for the coming year. Wild Appalachia in the spring, Nuclear Winter in the summer, and Wastelanders in the fall. Each season promises new modes, quests, and/or features. It’s also the best indication we’ve gotten so far of Bethesda’s long-term plans for Fallout 76 after what seemed like 100 days of putting out fires.
"[W]e know the game had a difficult launch, and we've made mistakes along the way," Bethesda writes in the blog post. "We share in your frustrations when we do. We'll probably make a few more, and when we do, we will work to correct them as quickly as possible." Bethesda says it’s committed to making Fallout 76 a game that can be played for the years to come.
Some of the new features coming in 2019 include two new game modes, high-level raids into the unopened vaults, and a new main quest later in the year. Check out the full roadmap below.
Release: Spring 2019
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the 'encryptid' secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Release: Summer 2019
- New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
- New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
- New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
Release: Fall 2019
- Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.