EA Sports has updated FIFA 18 for the first time! The first title update is available today, at least on PC, with the console versions coming soon. The update is 1.27GB and currently available to download via Origin.
When it comes to gameplay changes, most are focused on goalkeepers. The keepers were a little weak in the retail release, making shooting and quick passing much more viable. EA Sports has tuned up the goalkeeper reactions in certain situations, as well as reducing shot accuracy and increasing keeper reaction times.
EA Sports also fixed a few issues in Career Mode. Outside of those fixes, the developers added the option to delegate contract renewals in Career Mode, and players can renegotiate contracts with any players who have paid release clauses.
Over in FIFA Ultimate Team, players can no longer choose the goalkeeper in FUT single player. It seems players were switching over to the goalkeeper and letting the AI do all the heavy lifting on the field. EA Sports has closed that loophole.
The full list of patch notes is available on the official FIFA forums:
Added the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
- New functionality to Champions Channel including missed shots and hidden timeline.
Addressed the following in FIFA Ultimate team:
- An issue with the extra time display on the Champions Channel timeline.
- An issue with locked EASFC catalogue kits on opponent teams in Squad Battles.
- An issue where the crowd would have incorrect flags when the home team is wearing a certain kit.
- An issue where a player could crash when watching a FUT Champions Channel match.
- An issue where players could control the goalkeeper in FUT Single Player modes.
- Changed Matches Remaining to Attempts Remaining in FUT Champions Daily Knockout Tournament.
- Changed the Possible Points text in Squad Battles to Projected Match Points.
- Updated loan player portraits in the EASFC Catalogue.
- Visual improvements to some FUT item types.
Addressed the following in Gameplay:
- Tuned goalkeeper reactions in certain situations.
- Tuned down the difficulty for Amateur and Semi-Pro difficulties.
- Reduced shot accuracy and slightly increased goalkeeper reaction times in certain in-game situations.
Added the following in The Journey Hunter Returns:
- Icons in cinematic scenes to indicate the user-triggered action.
- Triggered actions are: Personality, FIFA 17 Result, Match Result, Key Decision, Player Performance, Team Performance, Partnership Rating
Addressed the following in The Journey Hunter Returns:
- An issue where the player could crash during a cinematic in Chapter 5.
Added the following in Career Mode:
- Added option to delegate contract renewals.
- Allow users to renegotiate contract with a player whose release clause has been paid.
Addressed the following in Career Mode:
- An issue where users could use a loaned player as part of a transfer deal.
- An issue where Breaking News weren't getting refreshed.
Addressed the following in Online Modes:
- An issue in Pro Clubs where a player could return to an invisible lobby after a match.
- Enabled the opponent indicators in online matches.
- Improvements were made to the kit clashing logic.
Audio / Visual / Presentation Changes:
- Adding this season's authentic Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Addressed multiple minor audio issues.
- Improvements to the goal net animations.