Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition Rated For PS4 and Xbox One

Is it time for a complete version of Final Fantasy XV?

News by Mike Williams, .

2016 might've been the year that Final Fantasy XV launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but maybe 2018 is the Year of Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix has more DLC episodes planned, the Windows Edition, and the Pocket Edition planned for release this year. Now, the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has rated Final Fantasy 15 Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The ratings summary doesn't add any new information about the game, but it's likely that Royal Edition is the (current) complete package for Final Fantasy XV. Episode Ignis was the last planned downloadable content (DLC) when the game launched, so it's probably time to make a retail release that contains everything to date. My guess is you'd be getting Episodes Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis alongside the Comrades multiplayer mode.

Otherwise, I have no clue what this new edition of Final Fantasy XV might contain. We'll have to wait until Square Enix actually announces it.

I am really hoping that they make all the DLC part of the main game instead of just a separate option in the menu.
  • Avatar for Fourfoldroot #2 Fourfoldroot 2 months ago
    Maybe including the film and animated episodes to flesh out the chopped up story? Not that they could do anything to improve the tedious side quests, painful world traversal and terrible combat. Still, at least the plot line may be more engaging with that background included.
    Well there's more DLC coming so they'll have no business calling this the Complete Edition unless it comes with a second season pass. (And that's iffy.)
    @cldmstrsn Having just played the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed 2, which forces you to play the two DLC sequences as part of the main story, which just bloated the game when I'd had my fill of it and was ready for it to be over, I hope they don't do this.
    Hmm, I never bit on the original release. Maybe this will give me more reason too.
    @Fourfoldroot "Still, at least the plot line may be more engaging with that background included."

It won't be. The movie is just as terrible as, say, Advent Children, while the anime shorts are a snooze and feel/look like they take place in a separate world.

a Complete Edition would be a good thing, though, because maybe it means they're finally moving on. I know how the industry works these days, but man... I have ZERO interest in the brand of XV. History won't be kind to this mess of a game, and it's time for SE to move on already.
  • Avatar for VotesForCows #7 VotesForCows 2 months ago
    Cool, always up for more FFXV. Also thinking of getting a PS4 Pro. Would be nice to play through FF (and other titles) without my PS sounding like its going to take off.
    Yes I will finally be able to buy this game that interests me for so long. quand la sortie sur pc? ça fait encore longtemps qu'il a été annoncé mais sans date précise appart "début 2018"

galaxy s9 prix galaxy s9

Edited last month by jandar