The combat in Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a mix of realt-time hack and slash action, and turn-based tactical play. Your main goal when fighting the majority of enemies you come across in the game is to stagger them. This is achieved by punishing them with spells and special attacks until the orange meter below their health bar fills up. Once it's full, you'll get a Stagger Bonus, essentially a damage multiplier. This bonus can be increased to 200% and even 300%, which you'll need to hit to get the Staggering Feat Trophy. Here's how to increase your enemy's Stagger Bonus to 200% and 300%.
On this page:
- How to Increase Stagger Bonus to 200% in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- How to Increase Stagger Bonus to 300% and Get the Staggered Feat Trophy
How to Increase Stagger Bonus to 200% in Final Fantasy 7 Remake
To increase Stagger Bonus to 200% in Final Fantasy 7 Remake, head to Chadley and take on the Fat Chocobo VR mission. This enemy absorbs a lot of damage, and is perfect for triggering the 200% Stagger Bonus, thus completing the Stagger Effect Pt. 3 Battle Intel Mission. Here's how to do it:
- First, stagger your enemy by punishing with Cloud and Barrett. Use special attacks to build the meter.
- Once the enemy is staggered, switch to Tifa and use her Unbridled Strength Ability.
- This will power up her triangle special attacks, which you can just use repeatedly to hit 200%
- If you're not hitting 200, consider powering up Tifa with Unbridled Strength just before the enemy is staggered.
How to Increase Stagger Bonus to 300% and Get the Staggered Feat Trophy
There's a trophy in Final Fantasy 7 Remake that requires you to increase a Stagger Bonus to 300%. This can be done using the method outlined before, but with a key change. Tifa's Unbridled Strength can be used to power her triangle attacks up to Rise and Fall. Once you have this attack, unleash it with triangle. Then, hit triangle again to unleash Omnistrike. Finally, hit triangle again to trigger Whirling Uppercut. This will massively increase Stagger Bonus. Just keep cycling through those moves by using Unbridled Strength and you will eventually hit 300%. If you're wanting to do this with other enemies, the Virtual missions in Shinra HQ are also a good way to practice. While you're at Shinra HQ, you'll need to decide between taking the stairs, or the elevator.
There's plenty more FF7 Remake goodness to be found right here on USG. For starters, there's Hirun's piece on the awesome build-up to the Airbuster boss battle. Elsewhere, there's Kat's official verdict.