In the latest episode of my ongoing Final Fantasy IV Let's Play, I realize that I don't remember nearly enough of what actually happens in this game!
In the last episode, I made it all the way up to Mt. Ordeals and successfully managed to get Paladin-ified. In this episode, plenty more happens! For your convenience, I'm including timestamps so that you can jump to the most interesting parts of the Let's Play.
- The return of Yang! (18:38)
- A battle with the Second Fiend! (48:00)
- One of many heroic sacrifices! (52:55)
- A burlesque show? (!?) (1:09:13)
- Black Chocobo! (01:17:13)
- A near death experience! (01:25:05)
- The Dark Elf! (01:33:47)
- The return of Worst Bard! (01:39:23)
- The Dark Elf Returns! (01:49:01)
Through most of this episode I kept telling myself, "You know, I swear there's a secret to beating Dark Elf. But what is it?" Naturally, I didn't bother exploring the castle where I could find my answer. First rule of RPGs! Talk to everyone! I bet that what would have been really annoying in 1991, though.
Enjoying the Let's Play? I'll be back on Thursday (and possibly Friday) with Episode 4! Mark your calendars!