Where there's fighting games, there are optional downloadable characters. On that note, we have some info about the first three downloadable characters for Warner Bros' upcoming superhero-based fighting game, Injustice 2.
The three new fighters are:
- Starfire -- The space princess who's known best for her role in Teen Titans. Her fiery mane compliments her name and title, to say nothing of the fact she's adept at actually controlling fire.
- Red Hood -- A long-lived character in the DC Universe whose crimson mantle has been worn by many.
- Sub-Zero -- Yes, the Mortal Kombat dude. How he plans to best Starfire, I don't know.
A new trailer released by Warner Bros earlier today shows off the new line-up. All three warriors leap at each other's throat at once, though the camera cuts out before we get to watch Starfire turn Sub-Zero into a puddle.
We also get a finishing shot of the three characters standing in front of silhouettes of fighters who've yet to be announced. We see you, Raiden. You can't hide.
You'll be able to play as Starfire, Red Hood, and Sub-Zero if you grab either the Ultimate Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition of Injustice 2. Here's what's in each:
- Ultimate Edition -- Includes a total of nine playable characters, as well as skins that turn certain characters into "alternate characters" with new looks, dialogue, and voice acting. You also get two exclusive "Gear Shaders" that let you customize how your roster looks. The Ultimate Edition runs for $99.99 USD.
- Digital Deluxe Edition -- Includes a premiere character skin, an exclusive Gear Shader, and the ability to play as Starfire, Red Hood, and Sub-Zero. It costs $79.99 USD.
Injustice 2 comes to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 16. Check out our Injustice 2 guide for more information on the game.