After a fair few weeks of teasing, Fortnite Season 5 is almost upon us. All that stands between us and the latest seasonal event is an update, namely Fortnite v5.0.
Updates and maintenance periods are no stranger to Fortnite Battle Royale, as is the case with every online game. Over on the Epic website, the company detailed the brand new patch. Just below you can see the brand new All-Terrain Kart, which is a brand new 4 player vehicle.
Aside from the Kart, here are the highlights from the patch notes for Fortnite Battle Royale:
- Shotguns will now indicate how many pellets hit, visible within the reticle.
- Adjusted shotgun spread patterns to be consistent with no random variation.
- Heavy Shotgun now fires 10 pellets rather than 5.
- After firing a shotgun, another shotgun cannot be fired for a very short time.
- Reduced Hunting Rifle aim assist when targeting to match that of other Sniper Rifles with projectile bullets.
- Changed the damage drop-off profile for the Suppressed SMG to be the same as other SMGs.
- New Biome: Desert
- New Location: Paradise Palms
- New Location: Lazy Links
- A few unnamed POIs have also appeared across the island.
Just above, you can see the brand new rift feature for Fortnite Battle Royale. This is a brand new location in the game, and outside of this, there's also the feature for motion controls for the Nintendo Switch version of the game. Check out everything new in our guide to Fortnite Season 5, our guide to the Fortnite Week 1 Season 5 challenges, and a rundown of all the Season 5 skins and Season 5 Map Locations.