Epic has just dropped the brand new Fortnite Update V4.4 for both the Battle Royale and Save the World modes. There's a bunch of new gameplay and bug fixes, but there's also a new assault rifle and Limited Time mode.
In an announcement today, Epic revealed the full Fortnite Update V4.4 patch notes. While there's the brand new scoped assault rifle, and modified Bouncer Trap item for Battle Royale players, here's a list of the most notable fixes and improvements:
- Thermal scoped assault rifle available in Epic and Legendary rarities.
- The Jetpack has been "Vaulted".
- Bouncer Trap no longer floats in the air.
- Crouching while aiming in Loot Lake will not cause you to be underwater.
- You can now throw Remote Explosives while sprinting.
- Pickaxes no longer missing from the item bar for players who join late.
- Added a new style for the options screen.
- Updated Battle Bus visuals and animations.
- Crash fix and stability improvements for Fortnite Mobile.
That's a nice little touch from Epic, making the new Fortnite assault rifle thermal while aiming down the scope. In the new Sniper Shootout mode for Battle Royale, you can only acquire sniper rifles and scoped assault rifles, and the crossbow has been removed from the Limited Time mode.
The 50 v 50 mode for Fortnite Battle Royale has also been reintroduced in Update 4.4. A larger storm circle has been added to the beginning of the match, and extra Supply Drops fall within the circle, giving both teams of 50 ample equipment and gear.
Head over to our complete Fortnite Week 7 Challenges guide, for a walkthrough of all the upcoming challenges that are set to launch for Battle Pass owners later this week, on Thursday.