It's Fortnite's first birthday, so drinks are on Epic. The developer has today released patch notes for the V5.10 update for Fortnite Battle Royale, just before the Birthday Celebration event is due to kick off later today.
Over on the official Epic website, the developer revealed the new patch notes for update V5.10, which is out now. Firstly, the new Compact SMG is available in Battle Royale, and it comes in both the Legendary and Epic rarity types for you to uncover.
Aside from this, the patch brings in both the Birthday Celebration event for Fortnite, as well as the return of the Playground mode. Head over to our Fortnite Birthday Celebrations guide for details of the event that kicks off later today, and check out our Fortnite Playground guide, for details on the return of the event tomorrow on July 25.
Outside of these new modes and weapons for Fortnite, there are some general gameplay changes and improvements. You can find a list of the most important changes and fixes just below:
- Double clicks now register as two clicks on a button.
- The Battlebus and Supply Drops have been decorated to celebrate #Fortnite1st.
- Slurp Juice now grants 1 health every 0.5 seconds, up to a total of 75.
- Supply Drop loot rates adjusted.
- Storm Circle changes.
- Added "Sprint By Default" option, when enabled this makes sprint the default movement.
- Newly-placed building pieces will now appear in a different color while players are still overlapping the structure.
- Pickaxe damage against enemy and ally player built structures increased to 75 base damage and 150 critical damage.
- The slow motion and confetti effects for a Victory Royale will now play for the winner regardless of how they win the game.
- Changing the gyro motion of the Nintendo Switch to rotate around the roll instead of the yaw.
As we mentioned the Fortnite Birthday Celebrations are due to launch later today, after the current downtime for Fortnite has been completed. There are three challenges in total to complete while the Birthday Celebrations roll on, and you'll be rewarded with exclusive Back Bling if you complete all three.