Half the industry might be recovering from Gamescom and then PAX West back-to-back, but Epic isn't stopping with the updates for Fortnite. The new Fortnite Battle Royale v5.40 patch notes are out now, and they detail a brand new Limited Time Mode.
This brand new mode is called Getaway, which Epic first revealed during PAX West this past weekend. In this mode, teams of four players compete to bag the loot from one of several safes scattered around the Battle Royale map, and then must escape in the Battle Bus at a designated point on the map, all while trying to evade opposing teams.
You can read the full v5.40 patch notes over on the official Fortnite website. Otherwise, we've rounded up some of the more interesting patch notes just below:
- The Grappler Gun is introduced through the Getaway mode, which lets you grab onto any nearby surface and pull yourself up.
- Fixed an issue causing some unneeded assets to remain in memory when switching from Save the World to Battle Royale or vice-versa.
- Fixed a rare server crash that could occur when a player edits a building.
- Fixed some buildings' destruction effects being played twice.
- Fixed broken antialiasing in handheld mode on Nintendo Switch.
Although the new Getaway mode will be live in Fortnite Battle Royale later today, the weekly challenges have been delayed till tomorrow, on Friday, September 7. For a full list of the leaked challenges, head over to our Fortnite Week 9 Challenges guide.