Epic has now released the full slate of Fortnite V6.00 patch notes. This gives us an idea of what to expect when the full seasonal event kicks into gear later today, on September 27.
The patch notes come from the official Epic Games website, where the company revealed that the game has been taken offline while the patch is implemented. The headline news is of course the arrival of Fortnite Season 6, which brings with it the addition of Pets for the very first time.
You can check out a sample of the Pets just below, which will "watch your back" while you drop in, according to the patch notes. There are also changes to the Battle Royale map itself, including new Shadow Stones, although we won't know how these new additions function until Season 6 actually launches.
Just below, we'll list the most notable changes coming to Fortnite in patch v6.00:
- Vaulted Impulse Grenade, Suppressed Submachine Gun, Light Machine Gun, Bouncer, and Remote Explosives.
- Added momentum functionality to Grapplers.
- Grappler charges reduced from 15 to 10.
- Double Barrel damage reduced from 143/150 to 114/120.
- Reduced Dual Pistol floor loot drop chance from 1.49% to 0.88%.
- New Locations including Floating Islands, Corrupted Areas, and Corn Fields.
For everything else you need to know about the brand new seasonal event for Battle Royale, you'll want to head over to our Fortnite Season 6 guide.