We’re now exactly a week away from Christmas, and Fortnite Battle Royale has introduced the new ‘Fourteen Days of Fortnite’ Limited Time Mode. There’s also this and more in the patch notes for v7.01, which is out today.
Firstly, there’s the Fourteen Days of Fortnite LTM. The event “will feature both new and returning LTMs,” according to the v7.10 patch notes over on the official Fortnite website. Larger team modes, like 50v50 will switch every two days, whereas smaller modes will rotate every 24 hours.
Elsewhere in patch v7.01, the Heavy Assault Rifle has been slightly nerfed. Accuracy with the weapon while not aiming down sights has been reduced by 30%, while vertical recoil has been reduced by a smaller 6%.
Just below, you can find a list of all the more notable changes within Fortnite patch v7.01:
- Ground vehicles now slide on icy surfaces.
- Eliminations from “no-scoping” enemies with Sniper Rifles now shows up in the elimination feed.
- Sticking a landing on all 4 wheels with a vehicle will no longer damage the player inside.
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Added additional dates for Explorer Pop-Up Cups and Friday Night Fortnite.
- Fortnite Mobile UI buttons updated.
Elsewhere on USgamer, you can check out our best Fortnite skins page, which now features skins that are featured in the Season 7 Battle Pass.