Patch v7.30 is now available to download for Fortnite Battle Royale players worldwide. The headline introduction in the new patch is a brand new grenade, but there’s also the added support for controllers for mobile players and improvements to performance on Nintendo Switch.
Just below, you can see the new grenade, called the “Chiller,” introduced through Fortnite patch v7.30. This grenade knocks players back, causing them to slide along the ground, but vehicles hit with the Chiller grenade will slip around with icy wheels for 7 seconds.
Elsewhere, there’s added support for controllers when you’re playing Fortnite Battle Royale on mobile. It definitely felt like mobile players with touch controls were at a disadvantage in Fortnite Battle Royale, so the addition of controller support is welcome news.
For Nintendo Switch players there's some great news, too. Patch v7.30 brings some performance improvements, allowing the game to run at a higher resolution and display more cosmetic items on screen at once.
Next up, the Solid Gold LTM is back again. All weapon drops in this mode are of Legendary rarity, and you’ll get an increased amount of materials for harvesting objects with your pickaxe. In the list below, we've rounded up the remaining notable additions with this new Fortnite patch.
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle, Burst Rifle, Heavy Shotgun, and SMG are vaulted.
- Suppressed SMG is unvaulted.
- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
If you're looking for additional Battle Royale coverage, look no further than our Fortnite Week 7 Challenges guide. Here you can find a complete list of all the individual challenges that are still available to be completed from the previous week.