Ghost of Tsushima has countless deadly swordsmen and warriors for you to fight, but few are more deadly than Kojiro, the once-exiled Straw Hat ronin now returned to the fold to try and defeat Jin and aid the Mongol invasion. In our walkthrough for The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Tale we'll tell you everything you need on how to find and conquer this living legend.
On this page:
- The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Tale Walkthrough in Ghost of Tsushima
- Where to Find Kojiro's Five Straw Hat Ronin
- Where to Find Kojiro
- How to Beat the Kojiro Boss Fight Duel
- The Six Blades of Kojiro Rewards
The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Tale Walkthrough in Ghost of Tsushima
To start The Six Blades of Kojiro Mythic Tale in Ghost of Tsushima you'll first have to find your old friend Yamato, the travelling musician who can give you the context and direction needed to start the Mythic Tale. We've laid out his location at our guide here, and when you find him he'll be nervous and afraid, worried that Kojiro is coming for him next. Apparently Kojiro was a Straw Hat Ronin so deadly and psychotic that the others forced him out, unwilling to have a lunatic in their ranks, despite being so good with a sword it was rumored that death spirits had blessed his armor. In the wake of the Mongol invasion and their alliance with the Straw Hats, Kojiro was let back in and has since taken up five student swordsmen, the group of them collectively known as the Six Blades of Kojiro.
Where to Find Kojiro's Five Straw Hat Ronin
If you want to find Kojiro, it's more simple than you'd think, as Yamato explains that he'd be willing to duel you if you can find and defeat his students first. You might've even encountered some of them before now, five random Straw Hat NPCs across Toyotama that you can challenge and battle, as they'll be in the world even before you accept this Mythic Tale. We've laid out all their locations, as well as how you can most easily defeat them, at our comprehensive guide here.
Where to Find Kojiro
Once you defeat all the swordsmen, you can find Kojiro at the North-West corner of Toyotama, at Omi Monastery on the West side of Mount Omi. A marker will lead you to a crack in the wall with a room beyond and Kojiro waiting for you. Make sure you're prepared, as he's a tough fight and you'll want to be ready for a long confrontation. You'll certainly want at least four orbs of resolve, and ideally much more.
If you want all the guides you'd ever need on Ghost of Tsushima, why not check out our full Guides Hub here? Whether it's bosses, collectibles or getting the best armor and weapons, we've got everything you'll need to liberate Tsushima here.
How to Beat the Kojiro Boss Fight Duel
Kojiro is a formidable opponent who uses heavy strikes and lunges to try and crack your defence, rarely letting up and pressing the offensive. We've laid out some basic advice below.
- Make sure to stick to Stone Stance throughout the fight.
- Kojiro himself largely uses Stone Stance and heavy attacks, as well as charges and lunges. If you think you're out of range of his attacks, you probably aren't.
- Kojiro is excellent at blocking and dodging, and has a lot of health. You'll have to chip away at his health over time.
- Kojiro has incredible stagger resistance. Unless you've maxed out the Stone Stance techniques, you probably aren't going to break his defense, especially considering he'll likely dodge most heavy attacks. Disregard this strategy before going in.
- The best approach is to play defensively and use individual counterattacks and dodges to land single strikes on him. You're probably not going to land any really meaty hits, so focus on pecking away at him consistently over time, using his own attacks to gain opportunities for rebuttal.
- If you're feeling brave or certain that you can parry his attacks successfully, the Heavenly Strike is an effective way to cut through his defence and do a decent amount of damage.
The Six Blades of Kojiro Rewards
For defeating the evil Kojiro, you'll get a moderate legend increase, but more importantly you'll get the Kensei Armor, which increases resolve gained as well as adding special effects to your ghost weapons. You'll also get the Kensei Headband, and upgrading the armor adds a unique straw hat to your inventory.
Now you're the ultimate ronin, there's plenty of other content to relax with here at USG. We've got Mike's review of Ghost of Tsushima right here, or find out our early thoughts on the game here at Axe of the Blood God.