GTA Online raises you from the streets to the boardroom in the "Further Adventures in Finance and Felony Update," allowing you to commit crime at a greater level than ever before. We'll take you through how to start, run and customize your Criminal Organization to your liking.
- How To Start Your Own Organization and Become a CEO
- How to Buy an Office
- All Office Customization Options
- Getting Inside Your Organisation
- How to Run an Organization
- Buying A Warehouse
- Special Cargo Warehouses
- Vehicle Warehouses
- Special Cargo Missions
- Vehicle Cargo Missions
- Selling Special Cargo
- Selling Vehicle Cargo
- Upgrading Delivery Vehicles
- Special Vehicle Work and Buying Vehicles at Trade Price
- How to Hire Associates
- How to Change Your Organization Name and Office Interior
How To Start Your Own Organization and Become a CEO
To become a CEO you'll need an Office to place your business in, a significant investment at any price. The cheapest one - the Maze Bank West building - will still cost a million dollars, and the most expensive offices are four times that. Thankfully the only difference is cosmetic, as well as where they're placed in Los Santos (there are no offices available outside of the city).
How to Buy an Office
Offices are bought online at Dynasty 8 Exclusive. Open your in-game phone, go to the internet, and access the internet. If the site isn't shown on the main page, it should be under the Money and Services menu.
Once on the site, you'll be provided a basic map of the city with markers indicating the available offices for purchase. Select the one you want, and it'll provide a list of bonus extras you can buy in the process. We'll go over that right now.
All Office Customization Options
- Personnel (Free): All businesses need an assistant on the front desk, and you can choose between a male or female assistant to run your company while you're away. Neither one costs more and there's no difference mechanically, but if you want to swap choices later on, restaffing the corporation will cost you $150,000.
- Interiors (Free - $1,000,000): Again, the difference here is purely cosmetic, but changing the inside of your office is a good way to make a statement about how you think power and wealth looks. The default model is free and looks perfectly fine, but there's eight other options varying in prices up to a million dollars. Like personnel, this can be altered at any later time, assuming you have the money.
- Organization Name (Free): The name of your company is decided here, emblazoned on the entrance forever more in a font and colour of your choice. This section is free, but you can change it later - though it'll cost a quarter of a million dollars to do it afterwards.
- Money Safe ($335,000): A cosmetic addition, the safe is placed behind the CEO's desk and actually fills with money as you increase the amount held in your bank. You can't steal money from it though - after all, it belongs to you already.
- Gun Locker ($520,000): This also goes behind the desk and functions as a way to set a specific weapon loadout when you leave the office.
- Accomodation ($795,000): This opens up the office into expanded living quarters, essentially allowing your office to double as a house, with wardrobe, bed and making it into an optional spawn point.
- Office Garages ($1,150,000): By clicking on the purchased office in the Dynasty 8 Exclusive site, players can buy multiple garage levels that each hold 6-7 cars each, the first level being the most expensive. They can also buy an attached Autoshop for $900,000, allowing them to customize cars, and interior changes that customize the garage's appearance.
Getting Inside Your Organisation
Once you own an office, it should be marked on your map and minimap as a white symbol of an office block. You can enter it the same way as an apartment, by finding the blue circle near the front doors. There should also be a rooftop entrance marked in the same way, for those who have flying vehicles.
How to Run an Organization
The function of an organization is basically to steal and sell products in large quantities, all under the guise of legality. You do this by conducting small missions to steal crates of loot and bring it back to warehouses that you own, often while avoiding rival gangs or the cops. When you want to sell, you conduct a second mission in much the same vein, driving, flying or boating the goods to a buyer while trying to avoid further attackers - including other players. You can also spend money to upgrade your delivery vehicles, and even hire other players to help protect you. At times, you may even have to defend your warehouses from attacking NPCs who want the precious loot inside.
Buying A Warehouse
The first thing you'll need to do is buy a warehouse to store your stolen goods. Once inside your office, head to the CEO's desk and use the computer there. You'll have a list of warehouses to buy, of two types: Special Cargo Warehouses, and Vehicles Warehouses.
Special Cargo Warehouses
The game often refers to these buildings simply as "Warehouses," designed to store the contraband you steal before selling it on. Warehouses of this type come in three sizes, relating to the number of crates you can store in them, and there are multiple choices for each size.
- Small Warehouses ($250,000 - $400,000): 16 Crates Maximum
- Medium Warehouses ($880,000-1,017,000): 42 Crates Maximum.
- Large Warehouses ($1,900,000 - $3,500,000): 111 Crates Maximum
Obviously the larger warehouses cost more because of their increased capacity, but why spend more on warehouses of the same size? If you can buy one for a quarter of a million, why spend money on a warehouse nearly twice the price?
There is a reason: Warehouses that contain crates run the risk of being attacked by NPCs, and those in safer areas tend to cost more. When you buy more expensively, you're buying security (though there's nowhere that's completely safe).
Unlike Special Cargo Warehouses, players can own only one Vehicle Warehouse at once, and all these warehouses have the same maximum capacity, able to hold forty vehicles at a time. Prices range from $1,500,000 to $2,850,000, and again, prices tend to reflect the safety and accessibility of the warehouse.
Vehicle Warehouses also contain a special Underground Garage, in which special vehicles obtained from Warstock Cache and Carry can be stored after being purchased.
Special Cargo Missions
You can sign up for Special Cargo Missions on the computer at the CEO desk on your computer. Select a warehouse, then whether you want to drive one, two or three crates there. This essentially functions as a way of choosing your difficulty, as well as the size of the reward. The more crates, the more money you stand to make, but the more people will want to take it off you. Pretty simple.
Once you accept the mission, you'll be tasked to go and retrieve the vehicle that the crates are in and bring it back to the warehouse you selected. Sometimes there will be complications, such as the vehicle being guarded or the police trying to make off with it, but it's always about bringing the van intact back to the warehouse.
There is a second issue - once you have the van, other players on the server are told your location, and told that blowing you up will earn them money and reputation. Be careful about avoiding other players if you don't trust them - especially those who own harrier jets and tanks.
Finally, there is a brief cooldown on missions - after completing one, you must wait five minutes to do another.
Vehicle Cargo Missions
Retrieving vehicles is a similar process, but with one difference - the vehicle you're driving back to the warehouse in IS the cargo, meaning that taking damage costs you money when it reaches the warehouse.
There is another way to do it rather than driving, however - use a Cargobob if you have one. It ensures you can't hit the car against anything and minimises the chance of encountering angry gang members, making missions significantly easier.
Selling Special Cargo
Once your warehouse has crates in it, you can choose to sell some of them from the computer inside it (rather than the one from the office). The more you sell in one go, the more money you can make, and the more interference you can expect from NPCs and players as you deliver it to the buyer. Depending on how much stock you're selling, you'll have to deliver it either in a plane, boat or armoured truck. Certain factors can increase the payout:
- Selling more cargo in one go; i.e., selling four crates at once gets you more money than selling four crates one at a time.
- The amount of other players in the server/how likely you are to be attacked
- If other players assist you as associates.
Selling Vehicle Cargo
Selling vehicles is basically a similar process to acquiring them - delivering them to a certain point while minimising the damage taken, while external random factors seek to throw you off your game. You can even agree to sell multiple vehicles at once, having to get them all to the buyer within a 15 minute window. Again, we recommend using the Cargobob for maximum ease of use.
Upgrading Delivery Vehicles
While there's no way to alter the cars you sell, those vehicles used to transport special cargo can be altered by approaching the red mechanic's toolbox covered in blueprints. It does cost money, but by working out what threats are most often causing you trouble, you can compensate by buying upgrades to cancel them out.
Special Vehicle Work and Buying Vehicles at Trade Price
From the CEO computer in your office you can also choose to do Special Vehicle Work, missions that unlock after a certain amount of Vehicle Cargo missions. For every four vehicles retrieved, a new Special Vehicle mission unlocks, tied into a vehicle for sale at Warstock Cache and Carry. By completing the mission, the related vehicle is then sold at a discounted trade price on their site.
How to Hire Associates
You can invite and hire other players to act as associates, effectively giving them $5000 every 15 minutes while they assist you in missions. You can do this by holding down the Trackpad/View Button to open the Interaction Menu, and selecting SecuroServ CEO. This must be done while inside your office.
How to Change Your Organization Name and Office Interior
If you want to change the name of your Organization, go back into the Dynasty 8 Executive site and select the office you bought. You'll be given the choice to renovate, including adding the extras offered to you at the beginning. However, these options cost money, and changing the company's name will cost $250,000.
Now that you're a Captain of Industry, why not check out our guide to getting the Oppressor MK 2 flying motorbike, just to show you're a real high flyer? Or you can go to our guide on getting the golden revolver if you want your wealth reflected in your weapons.