Buying buildings in GTA Online is expensive, and before long you'll have enough money that you're ready to upgrade to something a bit fancier than your starting home. But can you sell your old property and make your money back? We'll take you over the basics of property management here.
Can You Sell Property in GTA Online?
Yes, though it's not as simple as just putting it on the market. Players can have multiple pieces of property at a time, including apartments, garages, nightclubs, offices and warehouses, depending on what they've unlocked, and selling property is often about exchanging buildings.
However, you can't sell a building without essentially exchanging it for another. You don't sell property so much as swap it, off-setting the value with the money made on selling the old building. This still means you can profit by selling buildings, however: you can buy a garage for $25,000 and exchange it for a nightclub worth $750,000, essentially earning $725,000 overall (and you get to keep a rat-infested garage in the process). If you don't want any buildings and just want the money, the only thing you can really do is replace them with the cheapest, lousiest buildings Los Santos has to offer, in order to maximise your profit.
How Many Properties Can I Own in GTA Online?
The number of properties a player can own at once has greatly increased since GTA Online's release, as more and more updates have added different sorts of buildings to buy. The total number you can own at the time of writing is as follows:
- Apartments/Garages/Houses: 6
- Motorcycle Clubhouses: 1
- Motorcycle Club Businesses: 5
- Offices: 1
- CEO Garages: 3
- Vehicle Warehouses: 1
- Crate Warehouses: 5
- Yachts: 1
- Bunkers: 1
- Hangers: 1
How to Sell Property in GTA Online
Selling property is really just a stage of buying property. If you have a building you want to sell, these are the steps you'll have to take:
- Open your phone and go onto the internet.
- Go to the Dynasty 8 Real Estate website (if it's not on the main page, it'll be under the "Money and Services" menu).
- Choose a property from the provided list to buy. If you want to make as much cash as possible, select the cheapest one on sale - the difference between the two buildings is how much profit you'll make.
- You'll be given an option on which building to sell to make room for the new one, with how much you'll earn for doing so. Choose the building you want to sell. The money will be sent to your account and you'll no longer be able to access the sold building.
If you're enjoying flashing your newly-earned property money, you can check out our guide to earning a yacht here, or take a look out our other guide to see where to get a unique golden gun to show off your worth as an estate magnate.