Help Us Choose the Best Game of E3 2018

It's time to give the USgamer Community Award to one lucky game. Now's your chance to justify your love.

Article by USgamer Team, .

Hey, everyone. Wasn't E3 2018 swell? We think so, and we hope you had fun, too. That's why we want you to help us choose the USgamer Community Game of the Show.

It's easy. Just reply in the comments with your E3 2018 Game of the Show. We'll tally up the nominations, and the game with the highest number of nominations wins.

What'll it be? Super Smash Bros Ultimate? Resident Evil 2? Forza Horizon 4? Something else entirely? Sound off. Feel free to talk about all the games you liked seeing, but please make a single, clear choice for your Game of the Show.

Thanks for joining us this year!

Related Tags

I think it's got to be Death Stranding. It was the most interesting thing from E3. There were a few other things that looked good, or exciting... but nothing came close to being as interesting!

I did also love the KH3 trailers, that game looks a lot of fun and it's somehow refreshing to see that style of gameplay in 2018.
    Kingdom Hearts 3!
    It feels like every game I'm excited for has some reason I don't want to pick it. Death Stranding looks cool but I still don't know what kind of game it is. Smash Bros. looks great but most of what they showed was stuff from previous games, even if the sheer volume of characters is impressive. The Last of Us Part 2 looked a lot like the first game in terms of gameplay.

I guess Spider-Man. The combat looks just OK but any time I saw someone swinging around New York I desperately wanted to play it.
  • Avatar for januaryembers19 #4 januaryembers19 10 days ago
    Nothing else has me even a fraction as excited as Resident Evil 2 does. Easily the game of the show.

Also, if they never made another Smash game, I’d be totally fine with it. Same with Kingdom Hearts. Clearly this was not a great E3 for me.
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
    I'm going to revisit my vote here after tomorrow. Ace Combat 7 rumors!

But for right now, my single game of the show has to be Valkyria Chronicles 4. In a sea of shooters, action games, things coming out in 2019, and mobile games, it's nice to have something at least partly resembling a strategy game to cheer for.
  • Avatar for ShadowTheSecond #7 ShadowTheSecond 10 days ago
    The Last of Us: Part Two

It had a great showing in terms of both cinematic quality and the updated enemy AI (heavily scripted for the trailer, but it showed its goals clearly).
    Cyberpunk 2077 for the win.

Ghost of Tsushima in second place.Edited 2 weeks ago by Just1212
    Sekiro is my game of the show easily. It's From Software creating a new action game. They know what the hell they are doing and they are switching up their formula. Action looks swift and combat looks weighted, I can't wait for it.

Killer Queen Black was probably the biggest surprise of the show for me. It sounds pretty fun. That or the Resident Evil 2 remake. It's great to see Capcom using the 7 engine with an over the shoulder camera.
    I've never played the original but I'm gonna have to go with Resident Evil 2. Nice mix of the older and newer style of the Resident Evil series.
  • Avatar for Linked-to-the-Past #11 Linked-to-the-Past 10 days ago
    I'm gonna have to go with Death Stranding. For a trailer that really told us nothing it sure as heck piqued my interest. It had everything: skin-melting rain, big boxes to carry, and Norman Reedus pulling his big toenail off. Well done!

Sable looks great too--as does Overcooked 2. But Death Stranding gets my vote. What a bunch of wonderful weirdos.
  • Avatar for GreatLordAbsu #12 GreatLordAbsu 10 days ago
    Gonna have to go with Resident Evil 2. The original was not only one of my first-ever PS1 games (bought with the hard-earned money from my first real job) but also my first RE game ever. The feels of that reveal--!
    Last of Us 2. I love stealth-action games.
  • Avatar for Funny_Colour_Blue #14 Funny_Colour_Blue 10 days ago
    Wow, a lot of great choices this year. I'm gonna have to go with Resident Evil 2 just because it's more of the type of games I want to see in the future - Not necessarily remakes, but old ideas being revisited and made into something new.

Like, I don't want to play Earthbound again, but I do want to play a game, that's set in a modern day setting, with earnest writing, that carries those ideas forward.

Because I think "old" games are interesting enough, that old ideas can be explored further - and I think this is what Resident Evil 2 is doing really really well.
    My vote goes to Fire Emblem Three Houses. While the video left plenty of unanswered questions, everything we saw suggests a worthwhile experience. Strong influences from the Tellius games were present, exploration seems to have returned from Echoes and having armies follow primary character movements on the battle map is a welcome innovation. Looking forward to the game’s launch in early 2019.Edited 2 weeks ago by Gamer-Law
    Would gladly say Cyberpunk if they showed any actual gameplay. And based on everyone who saw the demo say it's up there but I just can't because of that. So I feel I'll pick Tetris Effect. But I'm such a dumb sucker for Tetris that I first saw that before E3 and couldn't stop thinking about it.
    E3 was pretty meh overall this year.

My game of the show was Death Stranding. It looks ahead of everything else honestly.
  • Avatar for donkeyintheforest #18 donkeyintheforest 10 days ago
    Cyberpunk 2077

sure all ive seen is all in engine cinematics, but seeing as I have not played any of the games since I didn't attend, i have to rely on the impressions of those who did see gameplay for everything; therefore i think its safe to say cyberpunk since i wanna ride all the public transit in the game. so many futuristic monorails (and that car looks awesome).

I don't care about all the edgy adult mature blah blah, but it will likely be worth it because I CANT WAIT TO EXPLORE THAT CITY.
    RE2 with 2nd place going to Sekiro. Surprisingly, not that hyped for Smash as I'm more of a single player guy.
  • Avatar for Retro-Plissken #20 Retro-Plissken 10 days ago
    Death Stranding easily for me! Great trailer plus gameplay reveal equals my most anticipated game.
    As an outside observer, I have to say Kingdom Hearts or Tsushima, but I hear everyone who actually saw the Cyberpunk demo lost their minds, so I expect that to be the eventual winner.
    Cyberpunk 2077.

Based entirely off what I've read. I've only seen gameplay demonstrations by Nintendo treehouse and their lineup looks like fun, but I'm hyped for Cyberpunk based on what I've read and listened to about it.
    Ghost of Tsushima looked wonderful, so did Sekiro (especially once it became more clear that it's more action focused than the Souls games). But... weirdly enough, I REALLY liked what I saw of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I'd probably pick that. Improved Black Flag style ship combat? Bioware style character interaction and romances? Phenomenal graphics? Interesting looking female main character (and a totally boring dude)? Yeah, I'm in.

Ughhhh so much good stuff though. Metal Wolf Chaos XD... Daemon x Machina... FotNS: Lost Paradise localization...
  • Avatar for NotCarolKaye #24 NotCarolKaye 10 days ago
    Sakuna

SAKUNA!!!
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. There were other games that deeply impressed me (The Last of Us Part 2, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, Ghost of Tsushima, Resident Evil 2, Spider-man, Cyberpunk 2077, among others), but being perfectly honest, I won’t play any of them this year (and in some cases, very likely not even next year). So I’m giving priority to Smash here. The “every single character returns” is also a dream come true.
  • Avatar for Fourfoldroot #26 Fourfoldroot 10 days ago
    For me, games I'm most interested in from the show are Spiderman, Ghost of Tshushima, Fist of North Star, Tales of Vesperia (my 360 died before I could play it) and, of course, 2077. TETRIS VR is an interesting concept but didn't see enough of it.

Also interested in Greed fall and Nioh 2, but didn't see enough of them. Would be interested in Ori2 and few Switch games but don't have the systems.

My one choice for the purpose of this: 2077Edited 2 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by Fourfoldroot
    Hard to pick anything other than Cyberpunk 2077. One of the slickest trailers of the show and while the demo hasn't been shown to the public every impression I've read has raved about it, and does indeed sound tight.Edited 2 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by TheWildCard
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is the game I'm most excited to play.
  • Avatar for bring_on_branstons #29 bring_on_branstons 10 days ago
    After all the hype and show and no shows... the game I am most excited about from E3 is:
    RE 2.
    Cyberpunk 2077
  • Avatar for VotesForCows #31 VotesForCows 10 days ago
    Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Because that's the only one that I would call in sick to work to play it right now.
    Uhh Starfield was this E3 right? Cause I'm pretty geeked about the idea of it even though it's years away.
  • Avatar for lightnarcissus #33 lightnarcissus 10 days ago
    Cyberpunk 2077
  • Avatar for LunarFlame17 #34 LunarFlame17 10 days ago
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I’m not much of a fighting game fan, but I am an unabashed Nintendo fanboy, and Smash Bros is always such a great celebration of Nintendo’s history. My runner-up would be Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country. XC2 was my personal GOTY last year, and I’m stoked about the opportunity to get more of that game.
    RE2make for me! It was a hard decision between that and DMC5 but I think anything involving Leon takes the cake on that front.

I've played an unhealthy amount of RE2 and what they've shown is exactly what I was hoping for - if you'd asked me beforehand, I was gunning for fixed camera and tank controls but what they've shown has really excited me.
    I vote Daemon x Machina!

Its striking visuals hit me hard during the NIntendo Direct. I love mech games and the genre has been absent for far too long thanks to From Software becoming the Souls company and BandaiNamco preferring Gundam vs. and the turn-based mecha titles to the action style of older Gundam games. As cool as the visuals are, the gameplay segment on Treehouse Live was even more enticing. The Arsenals glide like Doms! You can throw cars and debris at other Arsenals?!!! You can steal weapons from enemies and use them during the mission?!! I'm all in!Edited 2 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by nilcam
    Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. They’re bending over backward to please everyone & throwing in some new characters as well as lil quality-of-life additions.
    @docexe oh look, you’re right
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #39 SuperShinobi 10 days ago
    The Last of Us 2 is an easy choice for me, being such a fan of the first game. Visually it's one of the games that really show what a big upgrade over the previous one this console gen turned out to be after all, and the AI looks improved as well.

Runners-up: Ghosts of Tsushima, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Sekiro, Forza Horizon 4, Anthem. Ghosts of Tsushima vs. Sekiro will once again pose the age-old question of which are cooler: samurais or ninjas?

Cyberpunk sounds interesting, although I'd like to see a gameplay trailer. Tetris VR also, because it's from Mizuguchi.Edited 3 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by SuperShinobi
    Resident Evil 2...which is strange to say considering it's not even close to the top of my "most anticipated" list. However, what separates it from many of the other games people here are mentioning is that Capcom was actually showing a NON SCRIPTED demo. That counts for a lot in my book.

If we're talking strict hype though, my game of the show would go to Devil May Cry 5. Not only is the franchise near and dear to my heart, but highly technical, combo based action games just don't see too many entries nowadays. It's nice to see the title that created the term "stylish action" finally make its return.
    Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The fact that Sakurai and his team put every single character from every single game in there (and apparently not as DLC) is pretty significant. They also added a character that the vocal minority has been clamoring for years.
    Lots of amazing stuff this year! But it was still Cyberpunk 2077, and everything else.
    Reading through these comments I noticed games having trailers I didn't see in any of the big shows. How could I not have seen Valkyria Chronicles 4 or Ace Combat 7 trailers until now? How many more have we missed?

Anyway... picking a favorite is so hard. I guess I'll go with Ghost of Tsushima because open world game set in ancient Japan sounds great. Maybe Sekiro will play better (who knows, it's a close second) but if I can ride a horse around ancient Japanese towns and mountains and just get lost for a while, wow. Witcher 3 in Japan. Maybe I'm misreading the trailer and it's actually a far more linear game but for now I'm sold.
  • Avatar for UnskippableCutscene #44 UnskippableCutscene 10 days ago
    I'm a sucker for surreal sci-fi drama, so I'll give my Best Of Show vote to Control.

Things I also liked: Skull & Bones, Just Cause, Metal Wolf Chaos (hurrah), DOA6, Valkyria 4

Things I enjoy but am skeptical of: Tomb Raider, Life is Strange 2.0, Last Of Us, Spider-Man, Kingdom Hearts

Things I'm not sure I'll enjoy but I'm glad they exist: AC Odyssey, Rage 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Battlefield, Gears 5

Things I feel were overrated: Resident Evil 2, Death Stranding, Anthem, Smash Bros (more of a general "Nintendo's bullpen is still warming up" problem than anything wrong with this particular Smash)

Things that didn't really do it for me but are too incomplete to rate: BG&E2, Cyberpunk2077

And finally, for the games announced but completely not shown...
    Take My Money Now Award: Doom II Alternative Title

Oh God Please No "Award": BattletoadsEdited 2 times. Last edited 2 weeks ago by UnskippableCutscene
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I loved the first game. I didn't like the second game as much, but I didn't care for the tombs, story, side quests, or open areas. Everything they've said about these parts of the game in Shadow of the Tomb Raider sounds like they are moving in a good direction. It made me even more excited for a game that I was already excited for.
    My game of show was Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The way it was presented was exactly how you do it in a conference. The lead developer explained the game extensively, it was played extensively by people at E3, and I was genuinely surprised by many of the components of the game like the fact that Ridley will be a character in the game.
    For me, I think it goes to Devil May Cry 5. The Microsoft block of DMC5/Cuphead DLC/Tunic was probably the most fun couple minutes of any press conference this year.
    I like seeing all the appreciation for RE2 in here. As a big time fan of RE2, it’s so nice to see Capcom going the extra mile to deliver a true remake of the game. If Death Stranding hadn’t shown up with that super intriguing trailer, I would have picked RE2.
    Cyberpunk 2077
    We may not have seen the press-only demo, but reading about it--combined with the E3 trailer--I'm totally sold on the game.
  • Avatar for LBD_Nytetrayn #50 LBD_Nytetrayn 9 days ago
    Man, nothing stands out to me as a clear-cut winner to me.

Don't mistake that for me saying there's nothing good, though -- there are a ton of games I want to play. They just all seem to be on an even keel to me, with no one standing apart and above the pack.

Eff it, I'm going with some underdogs: Mega Man 11, because it's been an eight year wait and I'm eager to try the Double Gears, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps, because Ori should always be in these conversations.
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey looks cool and fun okay.
  • Avatar for MonkeyDSomething #52 MonkeyDSomething 9 days ago
    Cyberpunk 2077.

It's the only one that made me go "WHAAAA?! GAAAAAAW..."
  • Avatar for MonkeyDSomething #53 MonkeyDSomething 9 days ago
    Cyberpunk 2077.

It's the only one that made me go "WHAAAA?! GAAAAAAW..."
    Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

No contest!