PlayStation 4 has now been around for 6 years. That’s a long time in console years, and it’s likely that you’ve created a bunch of user accounts in that time. Here’s how to delete a user profile from your PS4. We’ll also be covering closing your account with Sony.
Delete a PS4 User
If you’re looking to delete a user profile from your PS4 or PS4 Pro, just follow these steps:
- Head to Settings
- Now, select ‘Login Settings’ from the drop-down menu
- Select ‘User Management’, this is where you’ll be able to Create or Delete Users.
- From here, you’ll want to choose ‘Delete User’. You’ll now be given a list of Users. Select the one you wish to delete and then confirm your choice.
Closing Your Account With PlayStation
If a simple 'User Delete' isn’t enough for you, you can actually close your account with PlayStation. Head to this section of the PlayStation support site. You will need the following info:
- Sign-in ID (email address)
- Online ID
Note that if you do manage to close your account with PlayStation, you’ll have to contend with the following:
- The closed account’s Online ID cannot be used to create another account.
- You will lose access to any content purchased using the account. This content cannot be transferred to another account, and refunds can only be given in line with the PlayStation Store cancellation policy.
- You will lose access to any subscriptions and their associated entitlements.
- You will lose access to your PSN wallet. Funds in your wallet cannot be returned, as stated in the SEN Terms of Service.
That’s everything we have on deleting user accounts on a PS4. For more help with the console, be sure to check out our guide on increasing PS4 download speed.