Hey Sega, Why the Hell is There No Skies of Arcadia Sequel?

Seriously, 15 years is long enough.

Editorial by Jeremy Parish, .

Yesterday marked the 15th anniversary for the Japanese release of Sega's Dreamcast role-playing game Skies of Arcadia. Quite a number of retrospectives and tributes popped up around the Internet to celebrate the occasion.

Personally, though, I found myself vexed by the tone of the festivities. They came across as too upbeat, too cheerful, too affectionate. Where was the anger, the outrage? Where was the embittered rage I expect from video game fanatics? Why here, of all situations, did everyone elect to be so maddeningly upbeat? If ever a game justified resentment and anger, it would be Skies of Arcadia.

A simple but challenging combat system kept boss battles interesting.

Not the game itself, of course. Skies of Arcadia was wonderful! When it debuted in October of 2000, it offered a much-needed antidote to the role-playing trends of the day. I loved Squaresoft's PlayStation RPGs as much as anyones, but they unfortunately embodied everything that was going horribly wrong with RPGs of the era. They were all too caught up in the race to create even more complex play systems, to surprise players with an even more elaborate plot twist than the last game, to present even more spectacular CG cut scenes. And many of those games were great, but even the best of them created the sensation that everyone producing RPGs at the time was caught in a baroque lockstep, a lemming race to create the biggest, darkest, most expensive game ever. Video game brinkmanship.

Skies of Arcadia's creators (now-defunct Sega internal studio Overworks) took a different tack, however. They created a game with a beautiful but never overly elaborate world; upbeat characters who didn't need to overcome any secret mental issues; a sweeping but straightforward storyline; an interesting but not excessively complex combat system; and nuanced yet enjoyable music. It truly felt like a throwback to the 16-bit era of RPGs in all but visuals, and it was great.

Skies debuted in the U.S. at around the same time as another "throwback" RPG, Final Fantasy IX, yet the contrast between the two games was striking. If Skies was a classic RPG in contemporary trappings, FFIX was a contemporary RPG dressed up in an illusion of nostalgia. Both were thoroughly excellent, but Skies felt more honest about itself. It came across as light on pretense, yet heavy on the sensation of exploration, discovery, and most of all adventure.

Skies brought with it a swashbuckling spirit. It starred a band of young sky pirates who managed to avoid all the stupid talk-like-a-pirate-day clichés that usually come with the concept, all taking an active role in an age of discovery reminiscent of Europe's long-ago quest to explore the New World. The hero, a young buccaneer named Vyse, lived in the shadow of an Empire (clearly inspired by Spain at its peak power) in a world whose surface had long since become obscured by endless, turbulent storms. Only random, floating islands scattered across the world offered habitable spaces, each hotly contested by their residents and the powers-that-be. In addition to the main story quest, Vyse and his friends could accept quests to discover legendary landmarks scattered across the globe. In a neat touch that made the world feel much larger than the hero's party (something of a rarity in RPGs), you could lose out on these discoveries to other explorers if you didn't track them down quickly enough.

Vyse airship played a key role in the game as well. It provided your only means of transport through the world, and new areas would become available as you advanced through the story and acquired new, better ships or improved the hull integrity of your vessel to withstand the turbulence the divided the sky into sections and layers. The ship also played an essential role in airborne ship-to-ship battles that played out at key moments. These strategy sequences, like the standard combat system, used turn-based mechanics, but they put your entire crew to use and played out with wonderful, cinematic camera work that created a truly epic sensation.

The huge airship battles versus the Empire's vessels and the deadly Gigas creatures were often a highlight of the adventure.

Even the standard battle system was nothing to sneeze at, though. Skies went old-school with combat and used straightforward turn-based mechanics, allowing three heroes to enter the fray and alternate slugging it out with bad guys. What set it apart from similar games, however, was the concept of a collective "spirit points" pool for special attacks. Mana existed as a shared resource for the party, and it would increase slightly after every turn. These spirit points grew enough to allow the party to use low-level spells and techniques pretty much every round; however, by conserving mana by blocking or using physical attacks for a while, you could build up more mana to use for advanced techniques, including incredibly powerful group attacks. Balancing your actions and knowing when to build spirit points was essential for surviving that challenging boss encounters, which did a brilliant job of using music to motivate the player: Once you whittled a boss' health down to half, the battle theme would change from ominous to upbeat. As with everything about Skies of Arcadia, even the soundtrack wanted to make players feel like a swashbuckling hero.

So then, what's to be angry about when it comes to a game so vibrant, so grand? Simple: The fact that Sega has never bothered to create a follow-up. How has one of the greatest RPGs of all time been almost entirely forgotten? Where are the remasters? Where's the sequel? Where are the ridiculous character cameos in Project X Zone? Nowhere, and that's terrible.

For a brief moment, there, it almost looked as though Sega was going to give the game the love it deserved. Sega reissued it with added content for GameCube as part of their "oh crap, now we're a third party" initiative shortly after the Dreamcast folded. A few years after that, Valkyria Chronicle—developed by a number of former Overworks and Skies staff, including Skies producer Reiko Kodama—gave off a similar vibe and even included several Skies characters as optional army recruits. Despite the common elements, however, Valkyrie Chronicle missed the point Skies had made so adeptly. It suffered from the same baroque complexity as so many other RPGs of the era, with an incredibly elaborate tactical combat system and some of the most long-winded RPG narrative sequences ever seen outside the Xenosaga series. A few years later, rumors circulated of a Skies HD remake for last-generation consoles... but that never panned out, and the notion appears to be long-forgotten by now.

So here were are, in 2015, celebrating the 15th anniversary of a great game that frustratingly failed to become anything more than a blip in history. Even Sega fans don't care; they chose to throw their weight behind the bloated, aimless Shenmue saga, which ultimately resulted in a revival campaign that broke all kinds of crowdfunding records. Shenmue, which featured plenty of great ideas trapped in a terribly mismanaged mess of a project, seems far less deserving of new life than Skies of Arcadia, an adventure that managed to create a world every bit as charming as Shenmue's... but also managed to be a complete, finished work within its given budget.

It was always a thrill to find new discoveries... and a letdown when some other explorer beat you to the punch.

That kind of sensibility and discipline is more precious than gold in this day and age of bloated development costs. You'd think Skies would be a perfect candidate for revival, especially with the recent surge of interest in classic Japanese console RPGs. Not necessarily a sequel, mind you; Skies' wrapped up neatly with a self-contained story. There was still plenty of world left to be explored, if it came to that, but really what made Skies so great—the essential element I'd love to see Sega attempt to recapture—was the way it made adventure seem so effortless. Never overwrought, never too serious, always entertaining (even if the random encounter rate needed some major tweaking), Skies remains a fleeting masterpiece of an RPG that deserves more than just fond tributes. Someone should start an online petition. Those always work. [Image credits: HG101, LP Archive]

Comments on this article are now closed. Thanks for taking part!

Skies is very much a classic. I was lucky enough to snag both the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions, and completely finished it on the latter. It really proved that a game can be formulaic and still be fun if you absolutely nail the execution, something Skies did with aplomb.
    I'd like a version of the game where it didn't repeatedly corrupt my save file every time I actually got access to the airship. I was still so upset over that happening multiple times that I passed on the GC version and now that one is absurdly expensive.
    Given the state of Sega, it's probably for the best that nothing's been done with Skies of Arcadia. Sega is a company that's been struggling with civil war ever since even the Genesis era; it just took a while for all the stupidity and spite to bleed through to the surface. The people that run it are interested in building personal empires, not creating compelling games. (Or at least that's what glassdoor.com says.)
  • Avatar for jeremy.parish #4 jeremy.parish 3 years ago
    @lonecow I didn't badmouth it, I said it had a different approach than Skies of Arcadia and doesn't work as a spiritual successor.
    I have a confession that'll probably lead to a few negative votes: I find Skies of Arcadia kind of... boring. Now, I never got particularly far in any of the handful of attempts, so maybe I just never got to the point where it *clicked*. That being said, if Sega ever decided to release an HD or 3DS port, I'd grab it immediately just to give it a second chance (and to avoid staring at a blurry GameCube game).Edited October 2015 by Namevah
    For better or worse, people admire ambition. Shenmue was a series that tried to do a lot of new things, and though it failed at most of them, there is still something compelling about that chance it "might" work. I will admit it intrigues me, mostly because I wonder if a pioneer of the 3D open world can craft something that compares with people and studios that specialize in them. Though a smaller part of me hopes Yu can add his own twist to the genre, especially if he pulls it closer to that original idea of a Virtua Fighter RPG.
    @Namevah : I find the early going a bit rough, because the battles take a bit too long. Once Aika starts getting her multi-hit attacks (Alpha Storm, Lambda Burst), things start progressing more quickly.
    Good piece, though the VC stuff reads super weirdly. Long winded narrative sequences comparable to Xenosaga? VCs cutscenes are super brisk, especially due to the chapter format the game takes on.

Gameplay-wise, it's actually much simpler than the majority of SRPGs because units level up as a group and not individually. But I digress.
  • Avatar for ReptilianSamurai #9 ReptilianSamurai 3 years ago
    This reminds me I really need to play through this game. I first picked up the GameCube edition when I got my Wii at launch and was looking for interesting last gen games to enjoy with the backwards compatibility (having not owned a GC). I enjoyed what I played, which was basically through the first dungeon, but never found the time to keep going. At least my sister played my copy when I let her borrow the game, so it's not a complete waste!
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #10 SuperShinobi 3 years ago
    Skies of Arcadia is among the best Dreamcast games, along with Shenmue of course. Us Sega fans would of course like to see a sequel, but it seems a distant possibility so no one's making a song and dance about it. Shenmue was different in that Yu Suzuki repeatedly said over the years that he'd very much like to make 3 happen, so there was always some hope.

There's so many sequels and remasters that Sega should be making, like Virtua Fighter 6, Outrun 3, Streets of Rage HD, Ecco 3, Valkyria 4, Phantasy Star 5, Toejam & Earl 4 and so many others. But obviously they've downsized their console dev side so much that it would be a surprise if even one of those happened. Sega of Japan seems to be making just Yakuza and occasionally Sonic and asking for anything else is starting to seem like shouting into the wind.
    I managed to acquire the GameCube version through the good fortune of my girlfriend's brother not wanting it. Another on my long list of "I need to play this already."
    This is one I've been intending to replay. Even though I can't remember the details, I recall a lot of fond memories of this game from the characters to the soundtrack and locations. I specifically remember appreciating that although the game contains a love triangle, the player was never forced to participate in it. Sad that it's gone so forgotten over the years.
  • Avatar for perpetualgrimace #13 perpetualgrimace 3 years ago
    @TheSL Yeah, I feel your pain. I got to a point where it crashed on me repeatedly and wound up taking it back.
    The best RPG of its generation. Preach.
    I feel like "Hey Sega, Why the Hell is There No ............... Sequel?" could be applied to so many great series.

Space Channel 5, and Monster World IV would be my go to picks, but I feel like even if they did make a sequel, it'd never be localized for North America.

I'd be happy seeing SEGA of Japan's current output making it out here first.
  • Avatar for UnskippableCutscene #16 UnskippableCutscene 3 years ago
    I played it when it was brand new, and while I sort of liked the main trio it had way too many impacts of FF7's success marked all over it's body. This basically comes down to the themes and tropes: the Evil Empire in a futuristic fortress that somehow was designed to perfectly isolate the upper and lower classes. The growing threat of Godzilla attacks as some nigh-invincible force of nature that you eventually take down in combat. The silver-haired ace swordsman who has that lust for power that you can identify with final bosses.

Now don't get me wrong: I really, REALLY loved the mechanics. But the story was trying so hard to be Definitely Not Final Fantasy VII, like so many RPGs were from 98 until the PS2 Launch, that it dampers my memory of it. I'd like a similar game that's decidedly not a sequel.
  • Avatar for WelkinGunther #17 WelkinGunther 3 years ago
    @Elliot-Gay I loved VC's story probably more than any other videogame. It was actually incredibly mature and character-driven.
  • Avatar for Monkey-Tamer #18 Monkey-Tamer 3 years ago
    My HD remake is called Dolphin. There are so many great Gamecube games that will never get a remake. Thankfully they can be cranked up to 1080p with a good computer. I wouldn't call VC's system elaborate by any means, however. But some of those cut scenes will never be viewed again now that I've seen them once. Final Fantasy Tactics and Disgaea certainly provide much more nitty gritty to delve into.
    One of my favorite RPGs I first played in on the DC and also picked up the Gamecube version as well. I've been bugging one my friends to play this for a while as it's something I think would be right in his wheelhouse. For me the setting and feel of the game took me back to when I first fell in love with RPGs. I think it might be time to dig out my DC and give this another run through.
    I adore Skies of Arcadia, but I never want a sequel. A rerelease on Steam and current platforms to keep it in circulation, sure! But a full on sequel? Why? It's a wonderful self-contained game, and OverWorks moving on to something totally fresh was the best possible move to make, even if it took a little too long. Valkyria Chronicles as a series seems like it highlights why I've always been iffy on rote sequels. If OverWorks have had a fantastic idea for another Arcadia game sitting around collecting dust, I'd love to see it; but if not...

Something I really love about 1995 - 2001 Sega is that they didn't really do sequels unless they felt like it. There are a ridiculous number of Saturn and Dreamcast titles that could've made really good franchises, but they've been left as they are. I very much prefer that (though keeping them available would be ideal). I am a bit creeped out by games culture's insatiable desire for ever more sequels; it definitely highlights the cycle of disposable consumption that drives the industry. It's a little gross; you don't often see film buffs clamoring for sequels for their own sake.

Anyway, SoA has such a wonderful soundtrack! Here are some of my favorites just because.

And that lovely, lovely title screen.
  • @UnskippableCutscene Like@retr0gamer said, all those things you mentioned are too common and they're not even presented in the same way as in FFVII (about the only thing would be the socially stratified capital, which is more due to it being possible in the post-16bit games, and even then Illusion of Gaia toyed with that, with its happy, prosperous cities that hide awful goings-on).

Also, Ramirez kinda strays off the Ghaleon/Sephiroth mold in being unquestioningly devoted to Galcian.
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #22 SuperShinobi 3 years ago
    @Vonlenska

I don't think film buffs are any different, they love a good sequel as much as gamers. For example right now everyone's excited about the new Bond film - the 24th one in the series, no less - and Star Wars episode 7.

Games are still a young and developing medium, so there's a desire to see how great a classic game or series could look like remade with modern technology. Film is a more mature medium, so the latest Terminator film for example doesn't necessarily look that much better than T2 from two decades ago.
  • Avatar for Tetragrammaton #23 Tetragrammaton 3 years ago
    @WelkinGunther You don't say, haha.

Unfortunately I couldn't disagree more. Valkyria Chronicles was typical RPG fare with the usual character and story tropes (descendants of an ancient civilization are key to/are actually superweapons, unfairly scapegoated minority groups, dedicated armed services are evil and/or ineffectual, plucky band of archetypes saves the day!) adapted to World War 2. The sheer attention to detail of that setting is wonderful and I own two of the artbooks, but strictly speaking VC is more of a spiritual successor to Lunar: Silver Star Story than it is mature.

Just to be clear I love typical JRPG fare, it's the junk food of the soul. But VC's reputation for being an Atypical JRPG set my expectations up for something else. Plus the sequels were a lot more fun to actually play.
  • Avatar for LBD_Nytetrayn #24 LBD_Nytetrayn 3 years ago
    For what it's worth, even though there's no apparent Project X Zone appearance, at least it was featured in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Archie's Worlds Unite. Interesting that both are western productions, but at least it's something.
    Why do people clamor for sequels to old games still? Companies have done that with or without the aid of the original developers and it's been disappointing time and again, yet people still persist.

When it's been over a decade since a game's release, the magic is gone. The mindset that created the classic has like changed or vanished, to say nothing of the people.

There's successes, sure, but more likely a new Skies of Arcadia would be handled by a different group and "feel" different enough to disappoint fans.

And personally? I think Skies of Arcadia was a great self-contained story, like the article said. Let's not ruin that with a potentially vapid spin-off.
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #26 SuperShinobi 3 years ago
    @Zebetite

Look at something like Pacman CE DX+, NBA Jam on Fire, TxK on the Vita, Super Stardust (essentially a new version of Asteroids), Resogun (a new version of Defender) or even New Super Mario Bros U - all amazing and very well-received games. They are all based on truly classic games, which have that timeless appeal.Edited October 2015 by SuperShinobi
    It has too many random battles, but otherwise this game is a fantastic gem! With the recent Sega announcement of more ports coming to steam, maybe we might see this series again...
    @SuperShinobi Those are all vastly different styles of game from Skies of Arcadia. Like I said, there's been successes, but reviving a character/narrative focused IP like Skies is kind of different from revitalizing Pac-Man or Defender.
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #29 SuperShinobi 3 years ago
    @Zebetite

Maybe it's different, but there's been many revivals of old story-focused games or series, such as King's Quest, Grim Fandango Remastered, Gabriel Knight Anniversary Edition, Tales of Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded and now Shenmue 3 and the FF7 remake. Some of them have been successful, some less so - it all depends on the quality.
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #30 SatelliteOfLove 3 years ago
    VC is a great sequel to SoA! Vyse and Aika and the Medic savin' the country (there's some blue glowing gal and some guy in a tank or something, but whaddebuh).
    @petercacic

Ain't you that guy who got thumped from NeoGAF with this schtick? There can't be two of you in this world.
    @vonlenska

ICE DUNGEON! You, me, that guy that uploaded that, and Supradarky know of its greatness. Thanks
    Complex? Long winded? What Valkyria Chronicles did you play? The combat system was logical and intuitive, and while they did talk a lot the words always mattered.

That said, Skies was a really fun game diminished only because of its insane encounter rate.
    Maybe a little OT, but I just LOVE the chunky, crisp and colourful graphical style of games during that era, mostly from Japanese developers on Dreamcast. Skies of Arcadia definitely being one of them.
    If we're doing Reiko Kodama requests, I'd take a new traditional Phantasy Star before a new Skies of Arcadia.
    I don't buy the theory that Skies of Arcadia was a refreshing antidote to late 1990s RPG trends. The PlayStation had plenty of perky, blue-sky RPGs: Guardian's Crusade, Rhapsody, Thousand Arms, Grandia, the Lunar remakes, and Square's own Brave Fencer Musashi, Threads of Fate, and Legend of Mana. And a lot of them are better than Skies of Arcadia.

Why does Skies of Arcadia get more attention? It was a Dreamcast game, and that afforded it better graphics as well as a lineup of fans desperate for an RPG with a big budget and a handsome Sega pedigree. They wanted a vibrant epic for their underdog console, and they didn't care how terrible it actually was.

Skies of Arcadia is mediocre in everything but appearances. The characters are bland and annoying, while the storyline is a lazily pasted collage of anime-RPG routines. The random battles suck the life out of a combat system that's only tolerable at best, and any thrill of exploration shatters when you're made to trudge through the same tedious melee over and over. Nice title music, though.

I can understand why people wanted Skies of Arcadia to be good. It coasts on chipper atmosphere for a while, and it's not without neat ideas (hunting a cloudwhale is legitimately creepy). But there's a point where you realize that it isn't worth slogging through another dozen battles just to see what vacantly cheerful cliche the game's going to trot out next. It's like watching a single Saturday morning cartoon stretched to forty hours.

There's no Skies of Arcadia sequel because it doesn't deserve one. That probably wouldn't be Sega's answer, but it's mine.
  • Avatar for darrinwright07 #35 darrinwright07 3 years ago
    YES. All of this. I've wanted a Skies sequel for forever. Heck, I'll take an HD remaster. I even bought Sega All-Stars racing on Wii U so I could play as Vyse.

I'll take anything at this point.
  • Avatar for darrinwright07 #36 darrinwright07 3 years ago
    @Monkey-Tamer I've considered Dolphin, but would like to be able to enjoy SoA in an easier manner for people who either don't own a gaming PC or, in my case, can't figure out how to get my rig to run the bloody thing.
    @Vonlenska -- I could not agree more. Sequels to great games often find it difficult to recapture the 'magic' without coming across as derivative. Whenever I read articles like this, I cannot help but think of Tales of Symphonia (GC) and its extraordinarily mediocre follow-up title, Dawn of the New World, on the Wii.
    Let's be fair -- Shenmue was far more ambitious than Skies, and is unlike anything else out there. Skies is great, but at the end of the day it's just another take on the JRPG, which we have plenty of. We don't have plenty of Shenmues, hence the clamouring and fan demand.
    Played the demo on my brother's Dreamcast, and then I only got to experience the full game when it came to GameCube as Skies of Arcadia Legends in 2003. It promptly occupied the entirety of my attention for the summer holidays, and remains one of my favourite ever games.

Personally I'm not sure if I'd prefer a 3DS or HD version of this. I imagine the stereoscopic 3D would work brilliantly, particularly for the ship to ship combat sections and even the basic sailing through the overworld. Perhaps somebody needs to convince Sega to sit down and chat with M2 (doing a great job with 3D remasters of older Sega titles) and Grezzo (who did a superb job with both Ocarina 3D and Majora's Mask 3D) and make this happen???
  • Avatar for AlltheNeSWorldCups #40 AlltheNeSWorldCups 3 years ago
    @Vonlenska I sometimes would just let the title screen play for a while to listen to the song I used to have a bustling secret base then data corruption curse you 3rd party memory card I've managed to get another copy of the GameCube version and new games and backlog be damned this game is moving to number 1 on my next games to play and beat
    Because Skies of Arcadia is a Japanese Role Playing Game, not a pachinko machine.
    Only JRPG I ever completed.

That to me says it all.

I get your reasoning compared to Shenmue but the reason for the furore over that is because the story was left on such a cliffhanger.

See also Half Life 2.2.

It's hard to be outraged over a standalone game when we're usually so critical of sequelitis.
    I remember the encounter rate really turning me off to this on the DC. I hear it is better on the GC. Maybe it is about time I gave it a shot.
    Considering how Sega constantly failed to make any decent Shining Force games that in any way resembled the originals that everyone liked I never trusted them to make a decent sequel to SoA. They'd probably turn into a tower defence or a shoot-em-up.
    Just adding my voice to those supporting a sequel or even a re-release.
    Skies is a fantastic game and my favourite RPG. What I really liked about it was the upbeat attitude. A lot of RPGs have too much anger against the world. Vyse constantly shows a positive attitude, doesn't take itself too seriously and comes across as likeable as a result. I would not mind hanging out with him at a bar. I can't say the same for most other RPG heroes.

Come on SEGA, revive this classic!
  • Avatar for WelkinGunther #46 WelkinGunther 3 years ago
    @Tetragrammaton Ooh, harsh. As my handle suggests I am obviously in full disagreement lol. I guess my remark was meant more to convey VC's story as being outstanding within the jrpg medium. I happen to agree with you that jrpgs are like junk food for the soul, and they're all trope-laden, but I personally felt VC was more mature than any jrpg story I'd ever played. It wasn't extremely fan-service-y (beach scene notwithstanding), dialogue doesn't rely on hackneyed jrpg-isms (Welkin was a truly balanced, optimistic and do-good hero who loved birds and stuff, total polar opposite of your usual dark, brooding, emo hero), sure it had sentimental moments, but they felt earned. The main thing for me is the characterization of even minor supporting players. You really got to build a relationship with your crew. Again, a lot of it was still tropey (the willing sacrifice of the martyr character was a misstep IMO), but I feel like VC, more than any other game ever, took some vital baby steps forward for the genre.
  • Avatar for WhirlpoolNebula #47 WhirlpoolNebula 2 years ago
    Enough. I'm tired of this bleak life, all the terrorists attacks, innocents suffering. When I was 10 years old I used to day dream in class. Day dream and believe that I was 'Vyse' and I just didn't remember who I was. But someday Aika and Fina would open a portal to my universe and come get me and take me back where I belong. My life is better with skies in it. Am I alone? Let's do something about it, together. Enough talking and wishing. What can we DO to make this game a reality? I'm willing to put everything I have as a person into this game to see this game made and released. I want to play it. I want to dream again. I wish I knew who I could reach out to for the future of this story. I feel like I'm sitting off in the Dark Rift like Robinson. Only Vyse and his crew will never be coming to the rescue. The second game could EASILY embrace the Black Moon's civilization as a key component to skies of arcadia 2 storyline. And give us new black moon crystals to fight with, am I right? And I know every one of you can just hear the new score of music already. Who doesn't want Marco to grow up? Vyse to fall for Aika? Gilder to get settled down by Clara and then he's all wound up and ends up sneaking away for an adventure? Come on!!!! We have to get up and do something about this! This world needs a sequel!
    To all the Blue Rogues fans, please find here the petition for the HD release of Skies of Arcadia on Steam !

Thank you very much for signing ! Hope it will work !
    You wrote "There was still plenty of world left to be explored, if it came to that ..." but I don't follow. In Skies you could fly to anywhere in the world. The would have to modify the world to add places to explore, if new places to explore were required for a sequel.

Comments