Hideki Kamiya hears your concerns about Bayonetta 3. But in a new interview, the developer wants fans to cool off on their concerns over the sequel.
Speaking to VideoGamesChronicle in an interview today on May 21, Kamiya said that since he's on Twitter, he sees a lot of comments about Bayonetta 3 information being incredibly scarce. "I'm happy that there's still anticipation for the title, but one I would like to address is the trend I'm seeing which is people who are starting to ask if the game has been canceled," Kamiya said. "I want you guys to take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately because we're still hard at work on it."
The PlatinumGames developer was keen to reassure fans that Bayonetta 3 "hasn't been canceled by any means." Breathe a sigh of relief, everyone, because even if we haven't seen or heard anything since Bayonetta 3 was first revealed back in December 2017 at The Game Awards.
Since then we've heard, well, basically nothing about Bayonetta 3, outside of developer Yoshiaki Koizumi reassuring fans that Platinum was hard at work on the sequel in February 2019. It's easy to see why fans have started wondering if something bad befell the sequel.
In other PlatinumGames-related news, the studio recently announced the opening of an additional Tokyo-based studio earlier in 2020, to focus on developing live-service games. If this description of the studio's focus is anything to go by, it sounds like the future could hold a very different sort of game for Platinum to anything they've previously worked on.