IO Interactive announced that it's partnering with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to bring a new Definitive Edition of Hitman to retail.
Last year in May Square Enix, then parent company of IO Interactive, announced that it was splitting with the Danish game development studio. However, the split allowed IO Interactive to become an independent studio with ownership of its Hitman IP after a buyback. Since then, IO Interactive said it was shopping around for a new partner which now appears to be Warner Bros. Interactive.
Hitman: Definitive Edition is now slated for a May release for both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The new version will have the Hitman Game of the Year Edition content and some new extras including:
- IO Interactive's 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle with three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas.
- Hitman Season One, the main game with seven exotic locations.
- Hitman Game of the Year Edition Content with four missions from Patient Zero, three themed Escalation Contracts, and other bonus content.
- Hitman Summer BOnus Episode including two bonus missions.
- Hitman: Blood Money Requiem Pack.
- All other featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and updates from both Hitman Season One and Hitman Game of the Year Edition.
In a statement IO Interactive CEO Hakan Abrak said, "We're super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on Hitman and together releasing the Hitman: Definitive Edition to new players."
Hitman: Definitive Edition is slated for a May 15 release. For more, check out our Hitman Season One review, which praised the game as the "best James Bond game" you'll play.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.