The No Man’s Sky Next Update added in a ton of amazing content, from graphical improvements to awesome new ship designs. It also added in a fair amount of bugs, some of which are hampering a large portion of the player base in progressing through the game. The bug in question is one associated with the Search Base Computer Archives mission, which is needed to progress the base building thread of No Man’s Sky narrative. Luckily, it’s a pretty easy fix, one which we can give you a lot of detail on. In this guide, we’ll explain how to fix the No Man’s Sky Base Computer Archives bug, so that you can get on with building the space base of your dreams.
We’ve got plenty more on No Man’s Sky in our No Man’s Sky Guides Hub. there’s info on how to manage freighters, how to use refiners, and more.
No Man’s Sky Base Computer Archives bug Explained
The bug that a lot of players are encountering in No Man’s Sky concerns the “Search Base Computer Archives” mission. BAsically, when starting the mission, the waypoint is added to space, inside a freighter. Problem is, you can’t actually access what you need from here, so it is impossible to progress the mission. Let’s take a look at how to fix things.
How to Fix No Man’s Sky Base Computer Archives Bug
So your waypoint is currently trapped aboard your Freighter in No Man’s Sky, well don’t worry, as we have a fix for you. Just follow the steps below to fix the Base Computer Archives Bug in No Man’s Sky:
- First off, consider submitting a bug report, it helps to urge Hello Games to fix the issue.
- To fix it yourself, first head into space
- Summon your Freighter into a different area to where the waypoint is located
- It’ll now just be floating in space, land on a planet in the same system
- Build a Base Computer, then Upload Base
- Once you have done this, save your game
- Quit, then reload your save, the waypoint will be redirected to the new Base Computer
- If this doesn’t work, repeat the steps above, but take your Freighter to another system first
Doing all of this will ensure the Base Computer Archives Bug is fixed, meaning you can continue on with the mission. For more on No Man’s Sky, head over to our page on how to make money fast in No Man’s Sky. You can also check out how Freighters work in our No Man’s Sky Freighters Guide.