Leaked Soul Calibur 6 Trailer Introduces Taki

Soul Calibur's battle-hardened ninja is coming to play.

News by Nadia Oxford, .

The Soul Calibur 6 character reveal train rumbles on. Earlier today, fans of the series caught sight of a familiar face: Taki, a vicious female ninja who's been with Soul Calibur since Bandai Namco's esteemed library numbered just one game—Soul Edge–back in 1995.

The announcement trailer for Taki's arrival is primarily in Japanese, and it seemingly got leaked before Bandai Namco's intended reveal. The video went up on Nico Nico, a Japanese video sharing site, but was quickly removed. Fighting game site Avoiding the Puddle managed to snag the video before its removal.

We get a good look at Taki's moveset in the trailer. The veteran fighter's ninja skills appear to be up to snuff: We see tons of leaping, stabbing, throwing of projectiles, and leaping on people's shoulders to break their necks with an expert leg-twist. Taki's, er, nipples also show quite clearly through her spandex outfit, and I'd think that'd cause some chafing (Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy knows this pain), but I guess it's none of my business.

Soul Calibur 6 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam later this year. If you're wondering about the minutia surrounding the game, we have a guide to everything we know about Soul Calibur 6. Study and be wise.

Comments on this article are now closed. Thanks for taking part!

• Avatar for Jeremiah-Jones #1 Jeremiah-Jones 6 months ago
    I love it. Though, I hope the combos aren't as long. One of the things I hated from SC Broken Destiny was how, once that first hit would open up 2 and a half minutes of being juggled in the air. Shorter combos make for more exciting battles IMO, (limited as it is).
  • Avatar for The-Challenger #2 The-Challenger 6 months ago
    The last one I played was Soul Calibur 3 on the PS2 and it was alright. I think I might pick this one up since it looks quite similar to SC2.
  • Avatar for LBD_Nytetrayn #3 LBD_Nytetrayn 6 months ago
    Dammit, Bamco, give us Cassandra already!
    @LBD_Nytetrayn I don't think Cassie is going to be in it. IIRC, this is supposed to be a soft reboot of Soulcalibur from both a story and mechanics perspective. This is why we're seeing OG characters like Taki instead of Naruto...I mean, Natsu.
  • Avatar for Iliya-Moroumetz #5 Iliya-Moroumetz 6 months ago
    So, despite calling it a reboot, they could have gone with some better designs for the characters and in the end changed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about them!

I'm hoping that we can get some alternate costumes where they weren't designed by creepy marketing guys.
    @Iliya-Moroumetz Is there something wrong with eye candy for men? Seriously, is there?
    Hoping to see some of the old veterans back.
  • Avatar for Jeremiah-Jones #8 Jeremiah-Jones 6 months ago
    @LBD_Nytetrayn I love to hate/love Cassie. I want her back too...
    @Iliya-Moroumetz You know, it could have gone and ended up being like Mortal Kombat and Sophitia could have ended up being a lizard...woman... *shivers* Will she still be married to Rothion this time, or can I crush on her with out feeling bad about it? Time will tell...

Comments