More from USgamer
The new Minecraft Aquatic Update has launched right now for Xbox, Windows 10, Mobile, Oculus, and other Mixed Reality devices for all players.
Announced over on the Minecraft website, the Aquatic Update brings new water features to Minecraft. This 'Phase One' is the first of two updates planned for the game, and although it's available for free for virtually all Minecraft players regardless of platforms, those playing the Java Edition of Minecraft will be getting the Aquatic Update "very soon".
Just below, you can find the full list of features available in Minecraft right now as part of the Aquatic Update, Phase One:
- New Fish types (salmon, cod, pufferfish, tropical fish)
- New Coral types (coral, coral fans, coral blocks)
- Kelp, Dried Kelp, Kelp Block
- New Dolphins (follow boats, get a boost swimming next to them)
- Blue Ice
- Nine Ocean Biomes (frozen, deep frozen, cold, deep cold, lukewarm, deep lukewarm, normal, deep normal, warm)
- Underwater Ravines & caves
- Sea grass
- Sea pickle (w/ illumination! Up to 4 in a block - only light up underwater)
- Treasure chests (in ruins, shipwrecks)
- Treasure Maps
- Buried Treasure
- Heart of the Sea in buried treasure chests (non-active)
- Trident enchantment
- Stripped Logs
- Buttons, Trap Doors, Pressure Plates with variation
- Carved Pumpkins
- Floating Items
- Boat Polish (smoother control)
- 8 new achievements
- Water has a completely new look and increased visibility while underwater
- Prismarine Stairs and Slabs
- New swimming animation while sprinting in water
There's no projected launch date for Phase Two of the Aquatic Update for Minecraft players as of right now, but we'll be updating this post whenever we hear anything from Microsoft or Minecraft about the second and final part of the update. For more on Minecraft, ead on over to our Best Minecraft Mods Guide. You'll find awesome add-ons for the game, and our picks for some absolute must have mods.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.