One of Minecraft Dungeon's most difficult bosses, the Nameless One is a powerful enemy who uses summons and spells to hurt players from a distance. We'll show you how to beat the Nameless One boss fight and complete the Desert Temple safely.
On this page:
How to Beat the Nameless One Boss Fight in Minecraft Dungeons
To beat the Nameless One in Minecraft Dungeons you'll need to remember that the key is evasion. Its spells can do huge damage and hit the player multiple times in quick succession if you're not careful, so unlike previous bosses, you'll want to stay out of reach and try to conduct the fight from a distance. More specifically when going up against the Nameless One, it's best to remember the following:
- The Nameless One's most common attack is a green energy blast that fires five times in quick succession, doing huge damage. Strafe from side-to-side, not up and down, for the best chance to avoid it. This spell is also why you don't want to be close to it - you won't have the time to avoid it, and five shots will kill any player at any health.
- The boss also will charge up a spell where he summons a line of seven skeletons with shields. Area-of-effect attacks will clear the skeletons out, or any rapid-fire ranged-weapon to knock off their shields and take them to pieces.
- The most dangerous attack the boss uses is a move where he creates up to five copies of himself, which usually spawn in a circle around the player and all fire in at them. The clones can't be hurt, but the moment you do damage to the original the others all vanish. Get away from the circle immediately by rolling out and use the same strategy on the skeletons - area attacks and rapid shots - to hurt as many clones as possible until you hit the real thing and delete the rest.
- You'll want at least one either healing option besides the standard healing potion, such as wheat or the right totem. Getting hit by the green spell does so much damage you never want to be at less than three-quarters health if you can avoid it, otherwise you run the risk of getting killed in one shot.
- Summons of your own are also helpful, as a wolf can damage clones or run distraction by luring shots away.
- In an emergency, back as far away as possible to the other side of the room and fire from a distance until your healing abilities come back.
- Attacking the Nameless One at melee range is such a bad idea it might be better to pick your melee weapon based on any passive enchantments it gives you, rather than the damage it does. Like we said, you should be fighting from a distance.
There's no shortage of Minecraft Dungeons guides here at USG, and we've got them all here at our Minecraft Dungeons walkthrough for you to check out! Whether it's battling bosses or looking for loot, we've got everything you'd ever need.
Nameless One Rewards
Defeating the Nameless One will earn you a large amount of emeralds, as well as one random drop based on the difficulty you're playing. If you want to increase the emerald output we can show you how to do that here, but it's important to know that defeating the Nameless One won't get rid of any skeletons it summoned - you'll have to kill those to clear the arena and make it safe for good. Once you've beaten them, there's only a couple more corridors of enemies and you'll make it to the end of the level.
Now you know the name of the game, why not see what other Minecraft content USG's got to offer? Mike's review of Minecraft Dungeons is waiting for you here, or check out what the developers had to say on their creative inspirations here.