Pushing through to the end of Minecraft Dungeon's Redstone Mines, you'll encounter a huge boss in the form of a Redstone Golem, a bulky rock monster that uses strikes and bombs to try and bring you down. We'll show you how to beat the Redstone Golem Boss Fight, as well as how you can turn its own attacks against him.
On this page:
How to Beat the Redstone Golem Boss Fight in Minecraft Dungeons
To beat the Redstone Golem in Minecraft Dungeons you'll have to learn how to use his bombs against it. The Redstone Golem only has two attacks - a powerful melee strike and stopping to summon bombs around the arena - but both of these do huge damage to the unprepared player.
The Golem also has a very large health bar, so attacking it normally takes a lot of time. Unless you're a much higher level you'll only be doing minor damage, and considering it can kill a player in a few hits, you'll want to end this fight as soon as possible. For that reason, we recommend the following strategy.
- Equip your character for defense, especially if you're playing on your own. You'll want every increase to health, damage resistance and healing you can get, just to try and make sure the Golem can't beat you quickly.
- Animal sidekicks to distract the Golem's attention can be very good to keep you safe, if you have any.
- When the Golem summons bombs, they'll each have a little field around them. If a player stands in that field, they'll explode for huge damage. They'll disappear after some small amount of time, or if the Golem summons more bombs.
- The Golem stops moving when it's summoning bombs, giving everyone a chance to safely do damage to it.
- If you're careful, you can get the Golem to take damage from the bombs. Move around them carefully so that they're between you and him, then let him move towards you. Then, because it can't trigger them itself, step into the bomb range and immediately roll out of the way, letting the blast hurt the Golem instead. It's risky, but can do a lot of damage to it.
- Don't let yourself get into melee range if you can help it. Instead, use a bow from a distance if you want to do extra damage.
There's no shortage of Minecraft Dungeons guides here at USG, and we've got them all here at our Minecraft Dungeons walkthrough for you to check out! Whether it's battling bosses or looking for loot, we've got everything you'd ever need.
Redstone Golem Rewards
Like other bosses, the Redstone Golem drops a decent amount of emeralds for the players to share, and has a chance to drop valuable items (though it isn't guaranteed). However, the level ends immediately after this fight, giving the player the chance to gain further items and a special chest. If you want to know how to increase that emerald output, we've got a guide on that right here.
Why not follow this up with some more great Minecraft content? Mike's well-crafted review of Minecraft Dungeons is right here, or check out what the developers had to say on their inspirations here.