The Deviljho cometh. The latest update for Monster Hunter: World is live, and the biggest news is the arrival of one of the Monster Hunter series' most voracious and dangerous beasts. You'll find the many-toothed monstrosity in six- and- seven-star quests after completing the "??? Rathian" investigation in the main story.
Monster Hunter: World 2.0 also re-balances the game's weapons and adds new armor sets. Hopefully it'll be enough to let you foil the Deviljho without suffering too many bite marks on your face. Moreover, there are some new gameplay features for you to enjoy. Here are the coolest / handiest bits of the update, as per Capcom's official Monster Hunter: World site.
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature "Kick from Online Session" to the player list.
- Added "Return to Gathering Hub" (single player) and "Disband & Return to Gathering Hub" (multiplayer) to the options for "Select Return Destination" after a quest.
- Added the "Text Size" setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the "Online Session" menu, the name for the menu command "Squad Session Search" was changed to "Create / Search for a Squad Session" (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game's title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 220.127.116.11).
Be sure to consult our guide on how to find and kill the Deviljho in Monster Hunter: World. It's one fight you don't want to enter under-prepared. That's why you should also look at our guide to Monster Hunter's best armor, and our guide to Monster Hunter's best character builds Godspeed.