Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter PC Patch 1.01 is now available for download. It’s generally minor fixes all round, with several connectivity bugs being addressed.
Monster Hunter World launched on PC earlier this month to great sales success, though it wasn’t without its issues. Mainly, some players were reporting connectivity issues, causing them to be unceremoniously kicked from the game. Thankfully, the latest 1.01 PC Patch seems to fix a lot of these issues, full details of which we’ve listed below:
- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline when searching for online sessions.
- Also readjusted the matchmaking function to make it easier to find an online session via “Search for an Online Session” > “Matchmake”.
- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline after having joined an online session.
- Fixed an issue where error messages would display and kick players offline while playing multiplayer.
- This adjustment reduces the number of occurrences, though it does not completely resolve the issue. We will continue to investigate this matter.
- Fixed an issue where the error message “E_FAIL : hr” would display and the game would crash when switching to full screen mode.
To grab Monster Hunter World PC Patch 1.01, just sign into the game and download the update file. On Steam, this should be located in your “Downloads” section, and will likely have been added to the game automatically.
There will likely be a few more PC patches to iron out Monster Hunter World on PC, so stay tuned for more news as we get it. For more on Monster Hunter World, be sure to check out our Monster Hunter World Guides Hub. It’s filled with helpful tips and tricks on all aspects of the game, from weapons guides to strategies for each individual monster you’ll be hunting.