When playing NBA 2K20, it can be easy to focus too much on offensive plays, leaving you open to counter-attacks from your opponent. Taking the time to work on your defensive plays will seriously improve your game, so we’ve put together this NBA 2K20 Defense Controls Guide.
NBA 2K20 Defense Controls Guide
In terms of defense controls, NBA 2K20 is pretty simple to learn. There vare far fewer to memorize when compared to offense, though getting simple techniques like Intense D and Fast Shuffle can really improve your play. Check out all of the NBA 2K20 Defense controls below:
- Player Swap - Press X to control the defender closest to the ball.
- Intense D - Hold left trigger to get into a low defensive stance.
- Block - Press Triangle to block when near the shooter.
- Steal - Press Square when near the dribbler or when in the passing lane.
- Crowd Dribbler - Press and hold left trigger, and move the left analog stick towards the dribbler.
- Fast Shuffle - Hold down both left and right trigger, and move the left analog stick in any direction.
- Hands Up - Move while holding the right analog stick up.
- Hands Out - Move while holding the right analog stick to the left or the right.
- Shot Contest - Move the right analog stick up, and then quickly release.
- Onball Steal - Move the right analog stick down, and then quickly release.
- Vertical Contest - Hold the left analog stick away from the shooter, and press Triangle.
- Swat Block - Hold the right trigger and press Triangle.
- Take Charge - Press and hold O.
- Flop - Double tap O.
- Chuck - Tap O when near the ball handler.
- Post Pull Chair - When being backed down, move the left analog stick away from the post ball handler, then quickly release.
- Icon Swap - Press the right bumper, then the icon of the desired player.
NBA 2K20 Off Ball Defense Controls
- Box Out Opponent - Hold left trigger when near an opponent, after the ball has been shot.
- Rebound - Press Triangle after the ball hits the rim.
- Bump - Hold left trigger while impending the path of a player.
- Chuck - While standing still, tap O and move the left analog stick towards the offensive player.
- Grab - While running, tap O and move the left analog stick towards the offensive player.
- Deny Hands Out - Move and hold the right analog stick in any direction when near an opponent.
- Deny Engage - Hold left trigger while near an opponent, while outside of the perimeter.
- Off-Ball Foul - Hold both right trigger and O when near an off-ball opponent.
- Post-Up Engage - Hold left trigger when near an opponent, while on the inside and near the basket.
- Dive for Loose Ball - Repeatedly press Square or Triangle while chasing down a loose ball.
NBA 2K20 Advanced Defense Controls
- Intentional Foul - Press and hold Square when near the ball carrier.
- Double Team - Press and hold the left bumper.
- Icon Double Team - Press the left bumper, then press the corresponding player icon.
- Team Intentional Foul - Press the middle button to have the entire team attempt to foul the ball carrier.
- Call 2-3 Zone - Swipe the middle button from top to bottom.
- Call 3-2 Zone - Swipe the middle button from left to right.
- Call Man to Man - Swipe the middle button from bottom to top.
That’s all we have so far on NBA 2K20 Defense controls. For more on the game, why not check out our NBA 2K20 Best Players Guide. For a look at Offense Controls, head to our NBA 2K20 Offense Controls Guide.