A brand new patch has been announced for the Xbox One version of PUBG, which should now be live for the console version of the game.
The most notable new feature added to PUBG Xbox One is the ability to auto-run, which you can do by simply double-clicking the left analog stick while your character is stood still. You can also now drop equipped weapons by pressing Y while the inventory screen is active, and you can cycle through your available grenades by tapping right on the D pad.
There are also "continued optimization and crash fixes" that are coming in with this latest patch for the Xbox One version of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds. For bug fixes, the camera shake while riding as a passenger in a vehicle has been reduced, and collision for the buildings situated around the military base has been adjusted.
Finally, inventory character models have returned to their "normal stance", the A button will no longer refresh the results screen after a game, and character positioning when exiting vehicles and the parachute has been adjusted.
PUBG Xbox One Xbox Game Preview Patch Notes #6
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- “A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate's in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes
If you're new to the game of PUBG, whether you're playing on the Xbox One or the PC version, check out our PUBG tips guide to get you up to speed on everything you need to know.