Nintendio is celebrating the 50th anniversary of popular manga magazine Shonen Jump with a new re-release of the NES Classic. The kicker? It will feature classic games based around famous Shonen Jump properties.
The re-release, presumably because it's only slated for Japan-only at this point, will be modeled like the Japan Family Computer. Also it's going to be gold for some reason. So if you're a huge collector of Japanese consoles, this one might be a literal trophy in your collection.
Here's a list of games included in the 50th anniversary Shonen Jump version of the NES Classic.
- Tag Team Match: MUSCLE
- Dragon Quest
- Fist of the North Star
- Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo
- Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Oui Soudatsusen
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Desetsu
- Captain Tsubasa
- Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsu-hen
- Famicom Jump: Hero Testuden
- Sakigake!! Otokujuku Shippuu Ichi Gou Sei
- Ankoku Shinwa: Yamato Takeru Desetsu
- Tenchi wo Kurau (Destiny of an Emperor)
- Hokuto no Ken 3: Shin Seiki Souzou Seiken Restuden
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden
- Captain Tsubasa 2
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiyajin
- Magical Taluluto-kun: Fantastic World
- Famicom Jump II: Saikyo no Shichinin
- Rokudenashi Blues
The NES Classic Mini, Shonen Jump 50th Anniversary version will retail in Japan for 7,980 yen (~$73.01 USD). For more on the Nintendo's efforts with its classic consoles, check out or SNES Mini guide.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.