There are several bosses to beat in Paper Mario The Origami King, starting with the Earth Vellumental. You will need to beat it to get a new power that will help you get to the green streamer, and with the combat system being slightly different for bosses you may need a little help. That's why we've put together this guide on how to beat the Earth Vellumental boss fight. We'll list its weaknesses and show you exactly what to do when facing it down.
On this page:
- How to Beat the Earth Vellumental Boss Fight in Paper Mario The Origami King
- Earth Vellumental Boss Rewards
How to Beat the Earth Vellumental Boss Fight in Paper Mario The Origami King
To beat the Earth Vellumental boss in Paper Mario The Origami King you will first need to get to grips with the new puzzle ring system presented at the start of the fight. This ring contains tiles on it that will send you in different directions. Your goal is to move the ring as you would in a normal fight, so that the arrows send you to where you need to go. You will need to hit the red and yellow circle at the end of your run in order to attack. Aim to land on this tile on the innermost circle and then follow these steps to beat the Earth Vellumental:
- Attack the Earth Vellumental's legs first
- This will cause it to spin around and attack, you can then hit its tail.
- Now the boss will be in its shell and you will need to arrange the rings so that you land on the 1000-fold arms tile, making sure you hit the ON switch on your way.
- Once you've activated this you can use the arms to flip the boss and do huge damage.
If you're looking for more of our guides, be sure to head on over to our Paper Mario The Origami King Walkthrough. It's where you'll find collectible locations, a look at the legendary fish, and more.
Earth Vellumental Boss Rewards
You'll get a couple thousand coins for beating this boss and also the Green Bibliofold. This allows you to use green magic circles like the one outside Overlook Tower (for more on Overlook Tower visit our Collectibles Guide). You'll also unlock the ability to use accessories, more on that can be found here .