Paper Mario The Origami King is filled with accessories to make your adventure easier. These can be purchased from vendors all over the map, but you'll need to unlock them first. In this guide we'll detail all the accessories in the game and which accessories are best allowing you to form a perfect strategy.
On this page:
- Best Accessories in Paper Mario Origami King
- All Accessories
- How to Unlock Accessories in Paper Mario The Origami King
Best Accessories in Paper Mario Origami King
You can only equip one accessory of each type while playing Paper Mario The Origami King, and as such you'll want to know which ones are best. You'll want to have Guard Plus, Heart Plus and Time Plus equipped for battles, and your Membership Card just before you purchase items. The Ally Tambourine is great for when you have allies on the battlefield, as it will boost attack power. In terms of the alerts, we found it best to have the Toad Alert equipped while exploring, as toads are pretty well hidden. For a look at where to find all collectible treasures, head here.
There are 18 accessories to track down in Paper Mario The Origami King. We've listed them all below, you can purchase them from accessories merchants at Toad Town, Shroom City, Earth Temple, Shogun Studios, and Shangri-Spa.
- Heart Plus – health added at the start of battl
- Silver Heart Plus
- Gold Heart Plus
- Guard Plus – less damage while guarding
- Silver Guard Plus
- Gold Guard Plus
- Time Plus – more time in battle
- Silver Time Plus
- Gold Time Plus
- Toad Alert – nearby toad
- Treasure Alert – near collectible
- Hidden Block Alert – tells you when you're near a hidden block
- Membership Card – money off purchases
- Petal Bag – throw petals instead of confetti
- Coin Step Counter – gives you coins for steps
- Confetti Vacuum – collect confetti from further away
- Ally Tambourine – boosts ally attacks
- Retro Soundbox – adds retro sounds to walking, jumping and using the hammer
If you're looking for more of our guides, be sure to head on over to our Paper Mario The Origami King Walkthrough. It's where you'll find collectible locations, a look at the legendary fish, and more.
How to Unlock Accessories in Paper Mario The Origami King
To unlock Accessories in Paper Mario The Origami King you'll need to rescue the toads hidden in the Earth Vellumental Temple. This can be found in Overlook Mountain. The main story will take you through here, so as long as you save the toads inside, a new merchant will be waiting for you when you leave the temple.