As another week comes to a close, we find ourselves in the midst of a very weird console transition. Are you ready for 4K? Does anybody care? Microsoft thinks so.
This week's Project Scorpio specs reveal shows that Microsoft thinks there main problem is that the Xbox One isn't as powerful as Sony. They may be right. But as Mike points out, Microsoft has a bigger problem--a lack of compelling first-party games. And that's something no powerful boost is going to easily fix.
Here's the rest of this week's headlines:
- Mass Effect Andromeda's new patch is a vast improvement when it comes to the eyes. Sadly, it does not also fix the story.
- Heavy streaming restrictions have Persona 5 fans kind of riled up. We think it's a mistake.
- Speaking of Persona 5, we spoke with director Katsura Hashino about its reception in the west, its reflection of Japanese society, and more.
- Hearthstone's new Journey to Un'Goro expansion launched this week, but we mostly just miss League of Explorers.
- Jaz takes a look at how upcoming racers GT Sport, Forza 7, and Project Cars 2 stack up.
- Nintendo thinks future Zelda games will follow in the foosteps of Breath of the Wild. Nadia seems pretty much fine with this.
- Nadia also reviewed Yooka-Laylee and... alas... didn't like it.
- And finally, in honor of baseball season starting up this week, I sat down with sports gaming expert Pastapadre to discuss MLB 17 The Show.
With the crazy release schedule that defined last month having cooled considerably, we can now relax and actually play some of the games that we're excited about. It'll certainly be all Persona all the time in our house. On that note, here's your moment of zen to close out the week. Enjoy your weekend and we'll see you on Monday.