Every now and then, Niantic drops new kinds of research tasks into Pokemon Go for players to complete. Often, they are multi-part Special Research events, offering players a chance to catch new Pokemon and earn some pretty great rewards. In this Pokemon GO Jump Start Research Walkthrough, we’ll outline the steps involved in completing the new Special Research that’s just been added to the game. We’ll also take a look at the Jump Start Research Rewards, so that you know exactly what you’re getting into.
Jump Start Step One
- Add One new friend (5,000 XP)
- Catch 3 Pokemon with Weather Boost (5000 XP)
- Hatch an Egg (5000 XP)
For completing step one of the Jump Start Research, you’ll get 15,000 Stardust. You’ll also receive a Dratini Encounter and two Lucky Eggs.
Jump Start Step Two
- Evolve a Dratini (10,000 XP)
- Earn a Candy with your buddy (30 Dratini Candy)
- Take a snapshot of Dratini (30 Dratini Candy)
Clear step 2 to get yourself 15,000 Stardust. You’ll also get 2 Lucky Eggs and 2 Star Pieces.
Jump Start Step Three
- Power up a Pokémon 10 times (15,000 XP)
- Battle a trainer in the Great League (15,000 XP)
- Battle in a raid (15,000 XP)
Collect your rewards for completing Jump Start Research Step Three in Pokemon Go. You’ll receive 15,000 XP, 2 Lucky Eggs and 2 Star Pieces.
Jump Start Step Four
- Catch 5 different species of Pokémon (Chimchar Encounter)
- Catch a Legendary, either from a Breakthrough or a raid (Piplup Encounter)
- Hatch 3 eggs (Turtwig Encounter)
You’ll be awarded another 15,000 Stardust for completing Step Four. You’ll also get 2 Lucky Eggs and a Shiny Eevee Encounter.
Jump Start Step Five
- Take a snapshot of Eevee (30,000 XP)
- Send 5 gifts to friends (30,000 XP)
- Trade 3 Pokémon (30,000 XP)
For Step Five of the Jump Start Special Research, you’ll get 30,000 XP. There’s also 2 Lucky Eggs and a Lapras Encounter.
Jump Start Step Six
- Make a new friend (60 Dratini Candy)
- Win a level 3 or higher raid (60 Dratini Candy)
- Evolve a Dragonair (100,000 XP)
Finally, clear Step Six to get yourself 100,000 XP. Once again, there’s also 2 Lucky Eggs and 15,000 Stardust to collect.
How Long Will the Pokemon Go Jump Start Research Last For?
Generally, you’ll have a fair bit of time to complete Special Research in Pokemon Go. Given that this research has been added as part of an event, however, you only have until September 2, 2019 at 1 p.m. to accept it. What we recommend is loading up the game and accepting the research. This means you’ll be able to revisit it, even if new Research is added in. It’s worth noting that it’s still possible to take on the Mew Special Research released a while back, so you’ll have plenty of time for this one.