While ascending Mt. Blaze volcano in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, you'll encounter the legendary Moltres at the top for a boss fight. We'll show you how to beat Moltres here, along with all their weaknesses.
On this page:
How to Beat Moltres
Moltres dwells on the fifteenth floor of Mt. Blaze with roughly 700 health total, and their high stats means you'll have to wear them down quickly if you want to survive their barrage of fiery attacks. We've listed Moltres' weaknesses and strengths below, as well as all the best tactics to bring down this overcooked goose.
Moltres' Weaknesses and Tips
- Moltres is a Fire/Flying dual-type. Consequently they're weak to Water, Electricity, and especially Rock attacks, which do quadruple damage. If you have any such attacks or TMs, now is the time to use them almost exclusively.
- Moltres is immune to Ground-type attacks, and takes only half damage from Fighting, Bug, Steel, Fire, Grass and Fairy attacks.
- Though it doesn't damage you, Moltres' most dangerous attack is Agility, which increases the amount of actions that Moltres can make in a single turn. By using Agility over and over, Moltres can eventually make four attacks for every one you make, more than enough to take you out in a single go. If this happens, immediately start taking countermeasures: confuse, hypnotize or petrify Moltres, and start pouring damage into them at the same time. If given the chance in this state, it'll wipe your whole team instantly.
- Moltres' passive ability is Pressure, which doubles PP use of all your attacks. If you have any low-PP moves or powerful attacks, don't expect to use them for long, or have a Max Elixir ready to restore them.
- We recommend moving your team to either side of Moltres, or having one of them close while the other fights from a distance. Being a large enemy, Moltres can hit multiple targets with attacks that normally would only hit a single person. Don't give them the chance.
Rewards for Defeating Moltres
Not being an official rescue mission, there's no cash reward or prize to be had for beating Moltres, only the chance to escape further from the Rescue Teams trying to hunt you down. There'll also be a bit of dialogue in which you promise Moltres to fix the natural disasters, and get some one-on-one time with your buddy. Awww.