One of the highly-touted new features of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX is the existence of shiny Pokemon, rare Pokemon who come in different colours. We'll explain where to find and recruit shiny Pokemon, how they relate to the Strong Foes in Dungeons, as well as what shiny Pokemon are in the game.
On this page:
- How to Get Shiny Pokemon
- How to Increase Chances of Shiny Pokemon
- How Many Shiny Pokemon are in Mystery Dungeon DX?
- Full List of Shiny Pokemon
- Can You Get Shiny Starters?
How to Get Shiny Pokemon
Shinies in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX are both easier and harder to get than shinies in regular games. They're somewhat easier to come across, but a lot harder to get onto your team. To find one, follow these steps:
- Go into a Dungeon marked with the indicator of a "Strong Foe" (an upside-down yellow triangle with a crown inside)
- Every time you go up or down a floor, there's a chance that the Strong Foe Pokemon will appear. It may even appear multiple times in one Dungeon.
- If the Strong Foe does appear, there's a VERY small chance that it might be a Shiny.
- Defeat the Strong Foe. Use all the tips outlined in our guide here to increase your chance of recruiting it when the battle is over.
- If you do, congratulations! You have a very rare shiny on your team.
How to Increase Chances of Shiny Pokemon
Unfortunately there is no way to increase your chances of the Strong Foes being shiny, so you'll just have to encounter as many of them as possible. If you're going out with the specific intention of hunting shinies, make sure to comb every floor before you move on.
How Many Shiny Pokemon are in Mystery Dungeon DX?
Because only Strong Foes can be shiny, that means there's only 27 Pokemon that can have that trait. Still, there's theoretically no limit to how many shinies of a single species you can find, so you could have a whole team of hot-pink Ampharos by combing the Sinister Woods over and over.
Full List of Shiny Pokemon
Here we've outlined every Pokemon with a shiny form in the game, as well as which Dungeon to get them.
Can You Get Shiny Starters?
Again, that's a no. Only the list shown above can appear as shinies, though there's always the possibility of DLC or special updates made to the game later on that may add new shiny Pokemon.
There's always more Pokemon content being added to USG for those who want it! Why not check out Joel's review of Mystery Dungeon DX here, or take a look at Nadia's story on the world's surprising most popular Pokemon.