PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Delayed to 2019, Sony Confirms

Going to have to wait until next year until you can take that post-apocalyptic motorcycle trip.

News by Nadia Oxford, .

Days Gone, Sony's open-world PlayStation 4 exclusive about a man and his motorcycle versus a post-apocalyptic world, has been delayed into 2019.

2019 is the Year of the Motorcycle

Initially scheduled for a 2018 release, the official website for Days Gone now lists "2019" as its date of arrival. We reached out to Sony earlier today, and a spokesperson confirmed the change. "Days Gone will now be releasing in 2019 and we will keep you updated on the launch date."

Days Gone takes place in an open ruined world overrun with the ravenous undead. You're encouraged to fight, strategize, and explore on your own terms. The game, which is being developed by Bend Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, is a PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro exclusive.

• Avatar for sketchlayerjosh #1 sketchlayerjosh 2 months ago
    Perhaps they're hoping, if they wait long enough, that zombie post-apocalypse stories will come back around to being cool again.

For real, though, I feel bad for Bend. I'm getting strong 2K Marin/The Bureau vibes from this. A really good team having to put their studio on the line in pursuit of a game that nobody actually wants.
    Does anyone really care, though? Is anyone actually looking forward to this game? Zombie apocalypses are completely overdone and I can't think of a single interesting thing about this game that they've shown.
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #3 SuperShinobi 2 months ago
    Next year it'll be more than 7 years since Sony Bend's last game, the excellent Uncharted Golden Abyss, released at the end of 2011. Days Gone is an ambitious project, but I wonder if that's all they've been doing since Golden Abyss. Before 2011, Sony Bend used to release games about every two years or so.

The AAA market is very competitive these days and if you put out a mediocre game, like ME: Andromeda or Agents of Mayhem for example, it's not going to end well. In that sense, it's always better to delay a game to improve it, rather than release a mediocre game.
  • Avatar for SuperShinobi #4 SuperShinobi 2 months ago
    @Roto13

I'm excited for it. If this game is Sons of Anarchy meets zombies, it's the Sons of Anarchy part that interests me more. I think the last game where you played as a biker was probably 1995's Full Throttle. As for the zombies part, at least the fast-moving hordes are different from other games. The game is also looking pretty impressive from a visual standpoint and along with Horizon it was the showcase game at Sony's PS Pro reveal event. Some people are excited for State of Decay 2 on the Xbox One as well.
    @sketchlayerjosh Thing is I can't imagine Sony suits were pushing for another high budget game similar in tone to Last of Us. Bend probably had this in their mind for a long time, too long it seems. At this rate it's probably going to release fairly close of Last of Us II too, which isn't doing it any favors. Shame cause Bend has done some good stuff.
  • Avatar for Fourfoldroot #6 Fourfoldroot 2 months ago
    This is the thing about having so many great games, I really don't care if things get delayed. An embarrassment of riches at the moment.Edited March 2018 by Fourfoldroot
  • Avatar for Number1Laing #7 Number1Laing 2 months ago
    @Roto13 Any game with zombies coming out today is from a company that was skating to where the puck was not where it was going. Because they decided to make this game back when it was a huge craze.

I wish Sony would stop announcing these games so early.
    @SuperShinobi I suppose the question is if enough people will be interested for the game to be profitable. I’m not particularly interested in the “zombie survival” aspect because of how oversaturated the market already is with zombie games. But I have to admit the biker aspect and the melancholic tone of the game intrigue me.
    I think the games gonna be wicked I'm just tired of all there different release dates first one was Dec 28 2017 then mid 2018 now 2019 that's starting to piss me off now that how many games now that's changed release dates between shadow of war and vampyr
    Kinda had a feeling that there wasn’t much done yet. It’s an open world game and they never showed any part of the world outside of that lumber mill and the clip looked like more of a concept video with no real place in the actual game.
    If this game is capable of doing what it says, I'll be excited to get it home, but from the sounds of everything, I don't think it will be as great as originally projected.
  • Avatar for Dennis-Hoover #12 Dennis-Hoover 19 days ago
    Have been waiting for a long time to play this game on PS4. 2019 is gonna be really awesome. I hope they release early which will be the best thing to every gamer like me. Since long time, I have been checking the Official website for latest updates.

Comments