Before the weekend, the developers behind PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) pushed a quick game update, alongside a planned quick fix. The update notably added a brand-new control scheme, something players have wanted since the game launched.
There's a new controller preset in the options menu. When using this preset, holding down LT allows you to aim down sights, and holding LB allows players to use third-person perspective aim. Pistols have been removed from the Y button weapon rotation and have been switched over to the melee weapon rotation. Players can also equip pistols by pressing Up on the directional pad.
As part of the ongoing optimization, there have been improvements to combat "rubber banding" and better server performance while parachuting.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Pistols have been removed from Y button's weapon rotation and grouped with the melee weapon.
- Players can now equip pistols by pressing 'up' on the D pad.
- Continued improvements related to player “rubber banding”.
- Enhanced server performance while parachuting.
- Added a new controller preset to options menu.
- ° Type B (new preset) now supports:
- • Holding LT to aim down sight.
- • Holding LB to use 3rd person perspective aim sight.
- Controller guide has been updated to include the new controller preset.
- Fixed an issue where players repositioned out of the battleground after certain actions and remained invulnerable until the end of the match.
- Additional memory and non-memory related crash fixes.
- Fixed the inability to join duo/squad through invites outside of game.
Known issues to be addressed next patch:
- Dropping objects causes the player to switch weapons.
- User is unable to switch grenade types when tapping right on the D-Pad.