Remnant From The Ashes tasks players with clearing a series of dungeons. Each is guarded by a main boss, and beating them is no cakewalk. One of the first you’re likely to come across is Gorefist, a hulking brute whose melee attacks can take you out in a couple of hits. To help you take them down, we’ve put together this Remnant From The Ashes Gorefist Boss Guide. We’ll show you exactly how to beat him, and what you’ll get for doing so.
Remnant From The Ashes Gorefist Guide
Gorefist is the boss at the end of the Sewer area in Remnant From The Ashes. He’s located in the Grinder, essentially an abattoir filled with fungal spores. You’ll likely have a hard time taking him down at first, but follow the steps below to improve your chances.
- Make sure you have a few Oilskin Tonic, and a couple of Bandages for insurance.
- Enter the arena and head into the large open area to your right.
- Gorefist will charge you, forward roll to dodge.
- Once the smaller enemies spawn, retreat and take them out.
- Get a few shots on Gorefist before the next wave arrives.
- Take your time here, do not attack Gorefist if there are enemies nearby.
- Take them out, dodge Gorefist’s attack and shoot.
- If the exploding enemies overwhelm you, time your dodges to avoid the damage from the blast.
- If you get Infected status, run until there is a barrier between you and Gorefist, and pop an Oilskin.
- You can just run up and down this righthand area, repeating the process above until Gorefist is down.
Remnant From The Ashes Gorefist Rewards
You’ll get a bunch of scrap for taking down Gorefist, and most importantly the Thorn item. Take this to McCabe to unlock the Mantle of Thorns Mod. This allows you to reduce melee damage taken from enemies by 50%, and reflect 200% of melee damage taken and reduced being staggered on hit. Lasts 60 seconds.
How to Counter Gorefist’s Bleeding Effect
If you find yourself getting caught by Gorefist’s melee attack, you’ll likely start bleeding. You’ll need to use bandages to stem this, though be sure that Gorefist isn’t close or any of the exploding enemies.
That’s all we have so far on Remnant From The Ashes Gorefist. For a look at the game’s crossplay capabilities, head to our Remnant From The Ashes Crossplay Guide. For some helpful Tips and Tricks, head to our Remnant From The Ashes Tips Guide.