A terrifying escapade through the streets of Raccoon City, the Resident Evil 3 Remake is full of challenge, secrets and puzzles that will tax your skills to the utmost. We've assembled all the information you'll need you'll need in our Resident Evil 3 Guides Hub.
On this page:
- Resident Evil 3 Guides
- Jill's Apartment, First Streets of Raccoon City and the Parking Garage
- Downtown, the Substation Power System and the Subway
- The Sewers
- Jill vs. Flamethrower Nemesis at the Construction Site
- Return to Downtown and Kendo's Gun Shop
- The Raccoon City Police Station
- Jill vs. Animal Nemesis in Outskirts/Clock Tower
- In the Hospital as Carlos
- In the Hospital as Jill and the Underground Storage Bunker
- The NEST-2 Underground Umbrella Labs and the Final Boss Fights/Ending
Resident Evil 3 Guides
There's a lot to cover in Resident Evil 3, but we've broken down everything you'll be doing below, arranged in chronological order to minimize the chance of spoilers. Simply scroll down to your place in the game or use the chapters above, and you'll have everything you need to survive.
Jill's Apartment, First Streets of Raccoon City and the Parking Garage
Before the game starts, it's important to know what you're getting into, so we've outlined all the difficulty choices here and how much power you have to change them as you go. After that, the game begins with a chase through Jill's apartment building and out onto the streets as they encounter Nemesis for the first time. This is the most linear section of the game, and we've outlined the majority of the escape in our guide here. After that, it's a straight-line path through the decimated streets of Raccoon City to make it to a parking garage, wherein you'll confront Nemesis again in a quicktime event before getting rescued by Carlos.
Downtown, the Substation Power System and the Subway
Here we'll see the game properly open up, as well as introducing you to the basics of crafting. The Downtown area is the largest and longest in the game, a sprawling zone filled with zombies and more, but the order of events goes thusly:
- You'll need to repower the Subway and redirect a train full of survivors with Carlos, Mikhael and Nicholai on board. To do that, you'll have to reach the substation and activate it, then head to the Subway Offices to set the train's path.
- First of all, you need to put out the alley fire to gain access to the Substation, which we've explained here.
- After doing that, you'll be able to access the Shotgun, an optional and powerful weapon, but only after obtaining the Bolt Cutters.
- You can also use this opportunity to open the first of the game's safes and get a weapon attachment for your handgun.
- Once you're done, move onto the Power Substation. This area will allow you to get the lock picks, but also put you through the horrific parasite maze.
- You can also find the first item to increase your inventory size here.
- Once you're back out and activated the power again, Nemesis will return as a roaming, unstoppable enemy. Still, we've got details on how to make him a little more stoppable.
- The next objective is to push through and make your way to the Subway Train Office to redirect the Subway. This is a puzzle we've explained the details for too.
- Before you go, make sure to unlock the train monument using the Fancy Boxes spread across the map! This'll net you more inventory space and a weapon attachment.
- Upon returning to the Subway, there'll be a linear chase with Nemesis to lure him away from the station, as well as a puzzle to escape him.
- Now that's done, you'll find yourself in the Sewers. Ick.
The Sewers are a tiny area with less than a dozen rooms. To escape, you'll need to find a Battery Pack to unlock the way out, which we've outlined here. However, this is also your opportunity to find the Grenade Launcher, and deal with the Hunter Gamma monsters, which we've both covered here.
Jill vs. Flamethrower Nemesis at the Construction Site
Once out, you'll have a further chase and eventually the first proper boss fight with Nemesis, who returns wielding a massive flamethrower. We've outlined what you need to do to take him down right here.
Return to Downtown and Kendo's Gun Shop
After that, there'll be a brief interval at Kendo's Gun Shop from the previous game, as well as a more linear escape back to the Subway as Nemesis wields a rocket launcher this time. This is also your opportunity to find a shotgun attachment as you prepare to leave the Downtown area for good.
The Raccoon City Police Station
Now playing as Carlos, who has his own equipment and abilities, you'll return to a scaled-down version of the Police Station from the previous game. The main objective here is to blow up a brick wall in the showers, which we've outlined accordingly, but you can also open another locked safe and get weapon attachments and inventory upgrades. You'll also have to hunt down a special ID Card, which we can tell you where to find.
Jill vs. Animal Nemesis in Outskirts/Clock Tower
Control will then go back to Jill, albeit briefly, to have a boss fight with Nemesis on the outskirts of town beneath a huge clock tower. Now in a more animalistic form, Nemesis is a whole different kind of enemy that we can show you how to beat here.
In the Hospital as Carlos
Jill's infected injuries mean that we're controlling Carlos again as we head to the hospital to find a vaccine and formulate a plan by capturing Doctor Bard. The main objective of this area is to beat a voice print lock into Bard's laboratory, which we've outlined here. There's also the final safe, which you'll need codes for, and the opportunity to get more weapon attachments and inventory upgrades. Your time as Carlos will culminate in a pitched battle holding off a zombie horde to protect Jill and your partner Tyrell, which you'll definitely need the best strategy for if you're going to survive.
In the Hospital as Jill and the Underground Storage Bunker
We're back to Jill for the last time, as now you'll have the run of the hospital as her. Use the lock picks to open the door ahead of the lobby to move on, but before that go and grab the .44 Lightning Hawk Magnum for the most powerful weapon in the game. Once finished, you'll take an elevator down to pursue Nicholai and undergo a strange labyrinth in which you'll have to collect fuses for an elevator while fighting off all sorts of enemies. The last thing to do before you move on is grab the weapon attachments and hip pouches in the area, and then it's on to the final area: Umbrella's laboratory.
The NEST-2 Underground Umbrella Labs and the Final Boss Fights/Ending
A small but highly-dangerous area, Jill's goal in the Nest-2 area is simply to synthesize a vaccine and escape, which we've outlined the process for at this link. You'll also meet up with Carlos again and have a two-phase final boss fight against Nemesis, which we can show you how to deal with here. After that it's on to confront Nicholai, where you'll be asked to make a strange choice, of sorts, the results of which we've outlined accordingly. And if you were wondering if there was a better or worse ending, we've answered all the details there too.
Be sure to check back to catch any new guides we add along the way! In the meantime, there's no shortage of Resident Evil content here at USG. You can find Caty's review of Resident Evil 3 right here, or check out Mat's story on the scariest enemy possible getting modded into the game.