It's Official: The Retronauts Podcast is Coming to USgamer!

The most likely thing to happen has finally happened: Retronauts and USgamer are now BFFs.

Article by Bob Mackey, .

If you've been following the recent, Kickstarted season of Retronauts, you might have thought to yourself, "Gee, now that Jeremy and Bob work for the same website again, why don't they just make Retronauts a part of it?"

Well, we've been thinking the same thing, too, which is why I'm proud to announce that Retronauts and USgamer will now be official partners—in content, not crime.

So what does this mean for you? Well, if you've been a regular listener, rest assured, the changes won't be dramatic. We're moving to a biweekly schedule to accommodate for our busier schedules, but, outside of that, it'll be business as usual for us. Oh, and we'll be flying Jeremy out from his east coast home to record with us instead of having him Skype in, so, if anything, our show can only get better.

There's a slight change to how we'll be doing business, though. Instead of relying on another Kickstarter campaign, we just launched a Patreon, which will be our only source of funding for the podcast. Our USgamer partnership is strictly logistical, not financial, so we're sticking with the crowd-funding approach. Naturally, we'll be offering assorted rewards for loyal backers, so it's hardly a one-sided affair here.

That said, our new episodes will start on December 1, with new ones to follow every two weeks after that. And we'll be doing plenty of non-podcast stuff for USgamer under the Retronauts name, so there's plenty more to look forward to. If you'd like more information about the particulars of the new season, listen to the embedded episode below, or head on over to its blog entry for a detailed breakdown—and why not bookmark our site while you're there? And for more updates and content, be sure to follow our Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and Soundcloud pages. Thanks for all of your support, and please look forward to a brand-new season of Retronauts! Oh yeah, and, uh, please subscribe to our podcast using the player of your choice.

Comments on this article are now closed. Thanks for taking part!

SSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    More Retronauts is always good news. I've gone and backed the project on Patreon. Keep up the great work, guys.
  • Avatar for jeremypeterson25 #3 jeremypeterson25 4 years ago
    A most excellent partnership! Jumped from the Kickstarter to the Patreon just a few minutes ago. Looking forward to more episodes.
  • Avatar for brionfoulke91 #5 brionfoulke91 4 years ago
    Excellent news! You guys do the best video game podcast in the business, so it's awesome to see you continue!

And please, feel free to re-cover games that were covered in the old Retronauts. A lot of those episodes aren't available anymore, and as there are some new members now it would be nice to hear some new thoughts!
  • Avatar for renatocosta90 #6 renatocosta90 4 years ago
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! YEAH!!
  • Avatar for SatelliteOfLove #7 SatelliteOfLove 4 years ago
    Retronauts in muh USGamer, what WHAAAAAT!
    I am 100% behind this move, and it's great to see Retronauts with a more stable home at a great site.

Looking forward to the new season.
  • Avatar for megamanfan1500 #9 megamanfan1500 4 years ago
    I've started reading EGM when I was a kid in the early 90's, followed you all to 1up in the '00s, and would look forward to retronauts ever week once it launched. I also followed the "Retronauts Extended Family" such as Ray's Sound Test and Kat's Active Time babble...I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a super fan from way back, and for all the years of entertainment you all have (and continue) to give me, it would be an honor to support the show and become a patreon. Looking forward to the next season!
  • Avatar for ShadowTheSecond #10 ShadowTheSecond 4 years ago
    Since this is non-financial, I assume the episodes won't be owned by USgamer in the way that 1UP held the legal rights to the original Retronauts recordings?
    @shawnellis46 Heck yeah, Retronauts was the 1st podcast I ever followed and Kat's ATB was the 2nd. I've been hoping to hear more from the other USGamer writers, Jaz's appearance was one of my favorite episodes from last season.
  • Avatar for Hero-Protagonist #12 Hero-Protagonist 4 years ago
    This is a time saver for me, now I only need to check one website obsessively.
  • Avatar for TotalHenshin #13 TotalHenshin 4 years ago
    @brionfoulke91 There are... certain ways to get a hold of those old episodes.

Meet me in the alley later. I got what you need.
    Insta-Patroned!Edited November 2014 by orient
  • Avatar for TheDarkKnight9113 #15 TheDarkKnight9113 4 years ago
    Is this real..........I am so happy!
    More and more USgamer begins to resemble the best of 1up.
    Next up: ATB Patreon?
  • Avatar for soloskywalker #18 soloskywalker 4 years ago
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
  • Avatar for brimleyIsTheThing #19 brimleyIsTheThing 4 years ago
    Totally Rad

Can't wait for the new episodes.
    @pashaveliki Seconded. I would love to see ATB come back as well. Kat did the show for a little bit at Gamepro under a different name until they shut down.
    @Natabuu Yeah. Role Players Realm.
    I remember listening to the Sega Saturn episode of RN and I was hooked. I subscribed to RN and basically every other podcast on 1up. I've been following RN ever since and still remains one of my favorite podcasts to listen to. This is fantastic news.
  • Avatar for megamanfan1500 #23 megamanfan1500 4 years ago
    ...Don't know if this is allowed, and if not, please feel free to delete this comment, but for classic retronauts eps, I go here:

also, for Active Time babble, here:

and finally, for Ray's Classic Sound Test, here

Also want to throw this out there, Jeremy will always to me be the THE retronauts guy, however Retronauts Live was awesome in it's own right. Bob did a fantastic job, and I really enjoyed his time as host.Edited November 2014 by megamanfan1500

Comments