Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions have released today the first story expansion for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. That downloadable content (DLC), Blade of Galadriel, shifts the focus away from Talion and Celebrimbor towards a new character, Eltariel. As the DLC's title suggests, Eltariel works for elven queen Galadriel as an assassin.
Eltariel has a host of new combat abilities and gear, and can be unlocked as a skin for the main story campaign. The update also offers new nemesis characters, include Flint, Tinder, and the Slayer of the Dead, and eight Legendary Orcs who can be brought back to your main story campaign army.
In addition to the story expansion, the campaign offers a number of general addition to Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. The full list includes:
- Nemesis System Traits – Orc Captains gain new traits, like Tunnel Rat, which allows orcs to summon Ghuls; Sniper Shot, which lets orcs ping Talion from great distances; and Gifts of Treasure, which allows orcs to find more Mirian and Gems if they join your army.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customizing in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customize the user interface and scale their field of view.
This is only the first of two story expansions planned for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War. The second one, The Desolation of Mordor, is coming May 2018. You can pick up both as part of the Story Expansion Pass for $24.99, or within the full Expansion Pass, including more Nemesis System Tribes, for $39.99. Blade of Galadriel is $14.99 by itself and The Desolation of Mordor will be $19.99 by itself.