Veteran RPG developer Obsidian Entertainment is gearing up for a pretty big September and our sister website Eurogamer is holding a little contest to celebrate. Basically, they're asking fans to share their favorite memories of classic Obsidian games. There's going to be some pretty great prizes, especially if you're an Obsidian fan, so be sure to read the full details below and head to Eurogamer for a chance to win.
Obsidian Entertainment just released a console version of its old-school RPG Pillars of Eternity today; and an expansion for last year's Tyranny, titled Bastard's Wound, will be coming out on September 7th. As such, Obsidian's publisher, Paradox Interactive, has given us some prizes to hand out. These prizes include:
- One Xbox One S Console and a copy of Pillars of Eternity
- One PlayStation 4 Console and a copy of Pillars of Eternity
- 10 pairs of PC keys for Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny (the base game)
- Console winners and six of the PC key winners will also receive an exclusive, limited edition Pillars of Eternity or Tyranny medal, which are awarded to members of the Obsidian development team after launching the games.
To be eligible to win, simply go to the Eurogamer contest page and share your favorite moment from an Obsidian Entertainment game in the comments section. You'll need to have a registered account on Eurogamer to comment. Entries will be accepted until Tuesday September 12th GMT.
Here's a list of Obsidian's popular games to help you with the contest:
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- Alpha Protocol
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Dungeon Siege III
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Pillars of Eternity
USGamer was invited to visit Obsidian Entertainment earlier this month and we've come back with some great coverage that we plan on putting out soon. Without giving too much away expect a deep look into some of Obsidian's key figures and games, and maybe even some guest appearances on USGamer's favorite RPG-focused podcast.
So be sure to check out the contest at Eurogamer and then quickly come back for our own Obsidian Entertainment deep dives.