This guide instructs you on what you need to do to marry Serana, a vampire in Skyrim. Werewolves make nice spouses, but sometimes you just need to shack up with a sexy bloodsucker.
Be aware that Skyrim doesn't let you marry Serana, or any vampire, through regular in-game actions. The only way to marry Serana or any other vampire is through the use of a mod. This guide instructs you on how to download and use the popular "Marriable Serana" mod by C0drm0nk33.While it's on your mind, take a look at our recommendation for other great Skyrim Special Edition mods that will serve you well on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- In order for the mod to work, you need to have Skyrim's Dawnguard DLC downloaded and installed.
- Download the Marriable Serana mod.
- Unzip the mod file, and move it to your Skyrim folder. In Windows Explorer, you should be able to find it in C / Program Files (x86) / Steam / steamapps / common / Skyrim.
- Drag the mod folder into Skyrim's "Data" sub-folder. Restart the game, if necessary.
- Having trouble with mod installation? Check out Nexus's Skyrim mod install guide for more detailed instructions.
- When the mod is installed, you should be able to marry Serana. First, you need to go through standard marriage procedures. That is, talk to Maramal at the Temple of Mara in Riften, inquire about marriage, and then purchase the Amulet of Mara from him.
- After Harkon is killed through Dawnguard's main storyline, tell Serana's mother, Valerica, that it's safe to return to Castle Volkihar.
- Talk to Serana. You should see additional dialogue that lets you ask if Serana has something on her mind. This should open up the standard marriage options you receive for other in-game marriable NPCs.
- Note that you can't already be married if you want Serana as a wife.
- Serana's spousal benefits are quite complete. She'll provide a home-cooked meal daily, she has the Spouse Merchant ability, and has unique, fully-voiced dialogue. Check out the main mod page for a complete list of what's included in the mod, and what's planned for future updates.
If you'd rather cuddle a werewolf, look at our guide on marrying Aela the Huntress. You can also check out all our hints, tips, and guides for Skyrim Special Edition and take a look at the best Skyrim Special Edition mods on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.