Insomniac's PS4 exclusive open-world action game, Spider-Man, releases on September 7, and reviews for the game have swung onto the internet. We've got a round-up of all the big Spider Man PS4 reviews for you so you can decide if it's worth getting caught in its web.
Spider Man PS4 Reviews
We've got the Spider Man reviews from key publications for you just below. .
- Spider Man PS4 Review - USgamer - 4.5/5 - "Insomniac Games takes Marvel's most popular character for a spin and the results are fantastic. The developer establishes its own Spider-Man with a unique supporting cast and a beautiful recreation of New York to play around in."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - IGN - 8.7/10 - "I wanted Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 to make me feel like Spider-Man: To sail between the highrises of New York City, to nimbly web up hordes of enemies, and tussle with familiar, animal-themed villains. Insomniac Games’ first foray into the world of Marvel handily delivers on all of that."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - GameSpot - 9/10 - "The feeling of embodying Spidey and using his abilities is astonishing, and the time spent on exploring its major characters help make its story feel heartfelt, despite superhero bombast."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - Eurogamer - Recommended - "And it's a reminder, then, that while it seems that games of a certain type - and a certain budget - are all converging these days, that all games are in a hurry to become the same game with the same tricks and the same hooks, there are still places, even within the most risk-averse of designs, for genuine character to bloom. Go get 'em, tiger."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - VG247 - No Score - "Spider-Man is at its best when you’re mid-flow. It’s a game that can capture that awesome trance-like feeling where you’re so in tune with the rhythm of swinging and hopping between buildings or dodging, countering and attacking enemies that everything else melts away."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - VideoGamer.com - 8/10 - "While some of the antiquated trappings of open world games from years gone-by are present, Spider-Man manages to remain a delight through great acting performances, a compelling story, terrific combat, and joyous swinging."
- Spider Man PS4 Review - Polygon - No Score - "The action sequences are breathless and memorable, but after the game’s final act I was left wanting more. Just like a summer blockbuster, Spider-Man leaves too much waiting in the wings for its obviously upcoming sequel."
So there you have it. Spider Man on PS4 seems to be a big success. You can play it yourself on its release on September 7. For more info check out our Spider-Man PS4 Guide.