The first 2018 update for Star Wars Battlefront II is here. You still can't skewer Porgs on a spit and roast them for dinner, but there are some other tweaks and additions that might sate your appetite.
First up, Iden Versio’s TIE/In fighter is now yours to play with. Here's what it can do, according to the official Battlefront II blog post outlining the update:
- Afterburner - Gives the starfighter a temporary speed boost and breaks enemy missile lock. The AFTERBURNER can be cancelled after a short time
- Laser Barrage - Charges up a rapid fire barrage which deals high damage
- Dual Proton Torpedoes - Fires two proton torpedoes which track the locked target and deal high damage
- Inferno Leader – For the duration of INFERNO LEADER, all enemies within a radius are revealed to allied players. These enemies receive increased damage from all sources
There's also a "Blast on Crait" game mode that lets you fight in Crait's abandoned mines amongst the planet's crystals and the discarded tech belonging to the planet's previous sentient occupants. Just don't kill any Vulptexes. They're precious.
Look for new TIE/In fighter Star Cards, including:
- Engine Heat Dissipator - Decreases the AFTERBURNER cooldown
- Advanced Torpedoes - Increases DUAL PROTON TORPEDO damage
- Vengeful Barrage - Increases the damage of LASER BARRAGE
- Flight Commander - Increases the duration of INFERNO LEADER
- Reinforced Hull - Increases the total health of the starfighter
- Tuned Lasers - Increases primary weapon damage
- Advanced Capacitors - Improves the primary weapons resistance to overheating
- Repair Systems - Reduces the delay before health regeneration begins
- Elite Pilot - Increases the turn rate of the starfighter
- Engine Upgrade - Increases the top speed and how quickly the starfighter can accelerate and decelerate
Iden Versio's has some TIE/In fighter milestones, too:
- Rapid Assault - Used Iden Versio's TIE/LN fighter AFTERBURNER ability 25 times
- Precision Strike - Achieve 25 DUAL PROTON TORPEDO kills with Iden Versio's TIE/LN Fighter
- Hope Cannot Save Them - Achieve 25 LASER BARRAGE kills with Iden Versio's TIE/LN Fighter
- Avenge Our Emperor - Use Iden Versio's TIE/LN Fighter INFERNO LEADER ability 25 times
Finally, the new patch is jam-packed with tweaks and bug fixes. Check out the official patch notes for more info, and May the Force Not Bug Out on You.