State of Decay 2 for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs launches on Tuesday, May 22 (or May 18 for Ultimate Edition owners). It will also arrive on Xbox Game Pass on May 22, meaning you'll be able to play the full game as part of your sub. If you're not sure it's worth a look we've got all the State of Decay 2 reviews for you right here in our review round-up.
State of Decay 2 Reviews
If you're after a game in which you must survive a zombie apocalypse alongside your friends, State of Decay 2 might scratch that itch. But is it any good? Here are all the State of Decay 2 reviews from the biggest publications on the web.
- State of Decay 2 (USgamer) - 3.5/5 - Review Quote: “If you can deal with a healthy dose of bugs, State of Decay 2 is an extremely satisfying and unpredictable management sim with a solid action-survival game laid on top.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (Eurogamer) - Avoid - Review Quote: “State of Decay 2 is a poor return on the scruffy promise of its predecessor, which topped Xbox Live Arcade charts largely, I suspect, for its resemblance to DayZ. It tantalises with the thought of raggedy everyday heroes pooling their myriad talents to survive, only to quantify and busywork all that out of existence.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (IGN) - 7.8/10 - Review Quote: “Combat is satisfyingly brutal and the special zombies inspire some real fear of permanent death, even though the Blood Plague turns out to be more of a sniffle.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (Gamesradar) - 7/10 - Review Quote: “State of Decay 2 confidently reaches the series’ potential as the ultimate zombie survival sim, even if it hits a few familiar bumps in th road on the way there.”
- State of Decay Review (Critical Hit) - 6.5/10 - Review Quote: “State of Decay 2’s overall lack of polish can almost be excused given its scale and its price, but its problems are too numerous.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (Daily Star) - 6/10 - Review Quote: “It’s compelling, it’s smart, and there’s a lot of gameplay in it for those that want to find it. But it’s also buggy, poorly acted and (weirdly) dark. Your love of the game will depend on where that all balances out for you.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (Polygon) - Review Quote: “Post-apocalyptic fiction is surely about the worth (or otherwise) of human existence. If this game is about the value of life and living, the pure fun of being, then it works best as a reminder that there are other ways to spend our precious time.”
- State of Decay 2 Review (Kotaku) - Review Quote: “For as much fun as I had with the game, I expected a bit more polish. Ladders were generally a bigger threat to my survival than the zombies, as wonky controls sent me plummeting to the ground as I tried to descend.“
It seems like State of Decay 2 has had largely mixed reception, with critics in particular lamenting the bugs littered throughout the game. That sounds a lot like the reaction to the original game, which went on to gain a decent fan following.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.