Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Coming to PS4, XB1, and Switch

Some of the best Street Fighter titles are coming to pretty much everything.

News by Mike Williams, .

The 30th Anniversary of Street Fighter may have been this year, but today Capcom announced a belated present to fans of its fighting franchise. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch sometime in May 2018.

The collection includes 12 titles: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact, and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Yep, all that in a single package on every modern platform. The assumption is these are the Arcade versions, as opposed to the many ports released over the years. Offline, every game will include save states so you can pause the action if you need to.

Out of the entire collection, four titles—Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike—will have support for online play. Players can fight it out against the CPU in online lobbies as they wait for other players to join. All four online-enabled games will have casual matches, ranked matches, and leaderboards.

The Collection also includes a full Street Fighter timeline, a Museum full of concept art, character bios, and facts about the development of each game. You can check out the Sprite Viewer, letting you look at all the excellent pixel art. There's also a Music Player, so you can enjoy all of the classic Street Fighter tunes. The porting process is being done by Digital Eclipse, who did the first Mega Man Legacy Collection and the Disney Afternoon Collection.

It might actually be the 31st Anniversary Collection, but regardless, this is a great package. The game will be $39.99 on every platform. (Which was the same price as the earlier-released Ultra Street Fighter II.)

• Avatar for Godots17thCup #1 Godots17thCup 3 months ago
    My condolences to anyone that spent $40 on Ultra Street Fighter II.Edited December 2017 by Godots17thCup
    wow! The online play for Alpha 3 and 3rd Strike is more than enough for me.
    Online Alpha 3 sounds amazing!
    @Godots17thCup Put me into one of those who bought USF2 on launch date. Admittedly, it's a pretty fun game and I do play it on the occasion.

But this one takes the cake: The complete Alpha series and SF3 3rd Strike. I am going to be buying it for those games alone.
    Hey now I can actually play through the game and understand the full story of Street Fighter. Just what I always wanted! But really glad they are doing this but man fuck Capcom for doing this to Switch owners regarding selling Street Fighter 2 for $40.
    I'll definitely be picking this up.

Speaking of Capcom and compilations, I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but now that Disney's buying FOX to solve the whole MCU movie rights problem and all I really hope we'll see a huge compilation of all the arcade X-Men and Marvel stuff and their various vs. titles.
    Capcom is coming back hard in 2018.
  • Avatar for KaiserWarrior #8 KaiserWarrior 3 months ago
    @Godots17thCup Well, I mean, in fairness their first mistake was spending $40 on any version of Street Fighter II to begin with. Balance tweaks and Violent Ken or no, it's a 20+ year-old game and wasn't ever worth $40 to begin with.

But yeah, pretty crappy move on Capcom's part to sell SFII as a standalone and then sell not one, not two, but three versions of it along with a bunch of other SF games on a similarly-priced collection not two years later.
    @Godots17thCup At least they are not leaving Switch owners out with this collection. That must count for something, I suppose ¬_¬
    Fingers crossed for HD Remix as DLC
  • Avatar for Mikki-Saturn #11 Mikki-Saturn 3 months ago
    I already own all these games on earlier platforms... but I think I'll probably be dipping in again, because that is a very thorough and convenient collection. My only complaint is that it doesn't have Alpha 2 Gold.
    @Godots17thCup No need for condolences here! I put so much time in USFII that it probably breaks down to less than 25 cents/hour. And this news has me hyped so much that USFII is back in my rotation. It really is a good game and has some features that won't be in this new collection.

I do wish Alpha 2 had online play but I'll settle for Alpha 3. Still, this is a day one purchase and I'm getting it on Switch. Everything's better on Switch!
  • Avatar for scottygrayskull #13 scottygrayskull 3 months ago
    @Godots17thCup I have a friend who just got a Switch and plans to do just that. I gotta warn him!
  • Avatar for Monkey-Tamer #14 Monkey-Tamer 3 months ago
    I'm a weirdo that loves the first Alpha, and I'm kinda disappointed it isn't included, but I'll probably buy this anyway. I'm also not happy it doesn't have the outstanding Anniversary collection that was released on PS2 with improved music. At least this is a step in the right direction.
    Edit: cldmstrsn is right. I'm a happy Tamer. Don't know why I had that in my head. Probably another article on another site.Edited 2 times. Last edited December 2017 by Monkey-Tamer
    @Monkey-Tamer the first alpha is included. 1 through 3.
  • Avatar for LBD_Nytetrayn #17 LBD_Nytetrayn 3 months ago
    So happy to see the original Street Fighter on here. Whether you like the game or not (I like it, even if in part due to context), it's been a pretty significant oversight in previous Anniversary packages for the series.